Chapter Four: Good Evening.

Alina danced and danced and danced, unaware that her father could enter the same club any minute now. 

Aurora's P.O.V:

I danced. 

I danced and danced and danced.

The club we had snuck into was a whirlwind of people, the music was loud, and the bartenders were busy serving and performing tricks. The DJ was someone remotely famous and I couldn't help my giggling.

I had scrunched my nose up the first few sips of my drink, but by the third or fourth, I was going steady, and my head spun with delight. Fiona was dressed pretty, Kylie a little revealing, and Dev was dressed the most casually in a sleeveless white t-shirt with a band's logo. Rhydian eventually loosened up too. West acted like this was his home.

It was extremely fun. 

There was an eeriness that hit me after a few seconds, I ordered another drink, sitting at the stool. Fiona was too busy enjoying herself, I smiled. Rhydian seemed to walk or rather try to not fall as he made his way over to me. 

"You can't even walk," I laughed.

"And you're giggling," He turned towards the crowds taking a seat next to me. 

"We're shitfaced," I nodded, my lips quivering as I tried to be serious.

Rhydian burst out laughing. 

"Why are you laughing?" I knocked on his head, he only paused for a minute to breathe and answered my question.

"Why are you not?"

"Everyone here has different lives," I told Rhyd, "Some of them will sleep with someone, some of them will go home alone and happy, some will go home alone and sad, some might snort coco puffs. The possibilities are endless."

The bartender leaned on his elbows, looking at me through furrowed eyebrows. 

"You're not old enough to be here, are you?"

"You're old enough to not be here too," Fiona stumbled over between me and Rhyd, "But I don't see anyone comment on that."

"Is that so?" The bartender indulged her. Fiona smiled. I face-palmed. She liked him. She liked everyone. 

"It is," Kaiden answered from behind and Fiona giggled, already buzzed. She wrapped her arms around Kaiden's neck. Kaiden's usually loving and gentle eyes looked a little annoyed with Fiona but he still wrapped his arms around her. 

"A little too drunk, are we?" He swayed her. I sipped my coke and whatever alcohol as I watched them. 

"Only on you."

Kaiden grimaced at the cheesy words and then laughed at Fiona. 

"No more drinks," He told her slowly shifting both her and himself to the dance floor. She gulped one down in return. I held in my laugh and soon they disappeared. 

It was a whirlwind after that, I remember drinks and I remember tripping on someone, and someone who puked at the bar. I remember people around me kissing people. The band playing on stage, the Dj Djing. The flickering lights. The sheer fog that clouded my mind. Thank you alcohol. 

But ultimately, I was into the dancing and singing and moving that I did not notice a man come up behind me, nor that I had seen him before as he pulled me away. Rhydian reacted first punching the man but it did not seem to affect him much. Instead, he whispered or rather said something to Rhydian which stunned him to silence, in a couple of minutes, all my friends but West were grouped together, following us where the man went. He did not leave my arm, but now he held my wrist instead of my forearm.