CHAPTER 3

****Aria's POV****

"What the fuck happened to you?", Lana asked me as I entered our underground hideout with a bloodied shoulder, limping.

I sit down at our bar, taking off my shirt, revealing a gun wound. I grab the nearest bottle of whiskey, taking big gulps out of it, in hopes that it will work as an anesthetic, as I take out our medical tools and begin to take out the bullet from my skin.

"Take a wild guess," I answer her, rolling my eyes at the thought of Revon. "That annoying, stupid, idiotic, pompous..."

"Ok, ok, I get your point," Lana tries to stop my ranting.

"...had the audacity to fucking shoot me with a rifle", I continue, completely ignoring her.

Lana sits down next to me, taking the bottle of whiskey from my hands, taking a big gulp out of it. Just then, David, Liam and Sarah walk into the room, instantly spotting me and making a face when they saw the state I was in.

"Girl, what the actual fuck happened to you? You look like complete shit." Liam asks me, looking at me. They all sit down at the bar, next to me and Lana.

I roll my eyes at his comment, taking another gulp of whiskey, trying to make the stupid pain in my shoulder go the fuck away. I explain to them my latest encounter with Revon, not stopping myself from cursing his bitch ass.

To give a bit of an explanation, me, Lana, Liam, David and Sarah have lived together since our childhood. We all lived on the streets and, one day, Lana found me while I was running away from the police for stealing from a shop and she helped me. That was when she introduced me to the rest. They all helped me and taught me how to survive on the streets. I was 10 at the time, and ever since then, they've been my family.

"I'm impressed that your arm is still attached to your body," Sarah joked.

"Like I'll let that bastard take away my arm," I laugh, getting up from the bar and laying on one of the couches in the room, feeling tired and dizzy from the alcohol in my system.

"Will you be able to finish your next mission with that shoulder?" David asks me, sitting down on the couch, taking my legs in his lap.

"She just has to wear a fancy long sleeved dress and no one will notice the wound. It's not like a gun wound can stop Aria," Lana chuckles, also sitting down on the couch, letting me put my head in her lap. She started playing with my hair while inspecting my wound, just to make sure that I did a good job at stitching it.

"Girl, I'm so jealous of you! You get to attend a fancy ball while I'm stuck here," Sarah sighs, sitting down on the couch in front of me. Liam joins her, fake sighing and acting sad.

"Yeah, Sarah is right. I'm so jealous that you get to go there and risk your life! Fighting and killing just sounds so fun!" Liam says, his voice filled with sarcasm. Sarah rolls her eyes at him, jokingly punching him in the shoulder and I have to stop myself from laughing at their childishness.

I close my eyes, finally letting my body relax and drift to sleep.

***************

I enter the venue with a big fake smile on my face. I show the guy at the entrance my fake ID. He looks me up and down, shamelessly studying my curves. I restrain myself from punching him in the face and thank him when he let's me through.

The room is filled with people in dresses and suits, drinking, chatting and dancing. I look down at my red bodycon dress, making sure that I look adequate. I walk over to the bar, smiling and waving at people like I belong here.

I sit down a couple of seats away from a middle aged man in a grey suit that looked extremely expensive, making sure that I give him a seductive smile; my target. I sit there, pretending to look through my purse for something, when the bartender puts a drink in front of me. I innocently look at him, pretending to be confused.

"From him," he explains, gesturing towards my target. Bingo. I get up from my seat, taking the drink and sitting down next to him.

"Thank you for the drink," I say, smiling at him as I take a sip.

"It's my pleasure. May I know the name of such a beautiful girl?" He asks me, resting his hand on my exposed thigh. I gag in my mouth, forcing a sweet smile.

"Julia Adams"

"Well, Julia, I think it would be a real shame to let you go. Such a beautiful lady deserves the best, and trust me, I can give that to you," he says, moving his hand up my thigh. "What do you say we go to one of the rooms upstairs?" I smile and slowly bite my lower lip, trying to not look repulsed by his offer. "I would love to," I say, getting up from my seat and following him through the crowd of people.

I cannot wait to kill him and get this over with.

He suddenly stops, putting his hand up to his ear piece, giving me an apologetical smile, suggesting that he has to take this call. I patiently wait next to him, while he curses and swears at the person that called him. He hangs up and turns to me.

"Julia, dear, I'm so sorry but I'm afraid that something important came up. I have to leave."

I roll my eyes at him, my annoyance getting the best of me. "Oh, fuck you." I lift up my dress, revealing my entire thigh, on which a gun was strapped with a belt. His eyes widen in shock but, before he can scream, I already put a bullet between his eyes, his lifeless body falling to the ground.

I swiftly walk away from him, getting closer to the exits, since people will start to panic soon. The first scream pierces the crowd. Other people notice what just happened and start screaming too, rushing to the door. In all of that chaos I also make my way to the exit, but, out of nowhere, a hand grabs me, spinning me around.

My face makes contact with a hard chest. I look up at the person that grabbed me. Revon.

"May I have this dance?" He asks me, smirking at me.

I feel myself getting angry just seeing his face. I sneakily take out my dagger, which was hidden in my sleeve. I return his smirk, putting my hands on his shoulders, pulling him closer and pressing the dagger on his neck. At the same time, I feel something cold pressed against my back, where his hands were holding my waist.

"Two can play this game, darling," he says, slowly moving his gun up and down my back.

"Let us dance, then," I say, piercing him with my icy glare.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P