CHAPTER 37

****Aria's POV****

Two more weeks passed; two weeks in which the mansion has been a mess, filled with people panicking over who spilled the info and their leader torturing suspicious members in hopes he'll get one of them to confess. After our "discussion" in his office, he left me and the rest alone, but that on its own is making me be suspicious of him. Does he potentially know something and he's just playing dumb?

Yesterday was Saturday, so I met up with Revon at the fighting area. He told me that the guy he sent with the weapons should report back to him soon.

Me, Lana, Liam, David and Sarah are all in the mansion's kitchen, which has kinda become our meeting spot. When we're not in the gym, we're probably here, just chatting or trying to listen in on other people's conversations. Lana is preparing us some snacks while we're sitting around the kitchen counter, joking around.

I feel the soft buzz of my phone in my pocket, indicating that someone is calling me. That's unusual, since the only one that could call me is Revon, and he never calls unless it's an urgent matter. I take out my phone and see Revon's name on my screen, my heart instantly dropping. I accept the call and pray that my intuition is wrong and that the bad feeling I'm getting is just me being paranoid.

I listen in silence, and, from his end of the phone, I hear Revon's soft breaths, coming in irregularly, sounding like he's struggling to breathe. Then, I hear quiet sobs, definitely belonging to him. I jump up on my feet, feeling like I've just been slapped. My own breathing now became ragged and I can almost feel myself choking, a lump forming in my throat.

"Aria," he chokes out my name. "My father... He's dead," he sobs, now full on crying.

"I'll be there in a minute," I say, closing my phone and rushing for the door.

Lana runs after me, followed by the rest. "What the fuck happened?" she asks me, looking extremely concerned.

"I don't have time to explain. Revon needs me," I tell them, struggling to put on my shoes. "If anyone asks where I am, just tell them that someone in my family died or something. I don't know for how long I'll be gone," I say, exiting the mansion without waiting another second.

I look around in the yard, trying to find a vehicle that I can take. I notice a motorcycle that has just recently been parked, so I rush over to it, putting on the helmet and getting on it. Without a second glance at the mansion, I drive off towards Revon, my head filled with a million thoughts; a million different thoughts, every single one being about him.

I drive as fast as I can and I reach our hideout in less than 5 minutes. I get off the motorcycle, throwing the helmet away, not caring about it anymore. I can hardly breathe anymore as I run up the flight of stairs to our room. There are people in front of the door, looking grim and sad. They're probably mourning their leader's death, but still trying to make sure that Revon is alright in there.

I push past them, feeling my entire body shaking with anxiety.

"Get out of my fucking way," I snap at them, desperate to reach Revon. They listen to me, moving out of the way and letting me reach the door.

I rush inside the room, running to our bedroom. I stop dead in my tracks when I see Revon sitting on the floor, holding his knees up to his chest like a little kid and crying. He looks up at me when he hears me, his eyes filled with tears.

"Aria," he cries out and I can feel my heart breaking at the sadness in his voice. Using that single word, it's like he was begging me to help him somehow; it's like he thought I was the only person that could help him right now and he was desperate for me to accept his pleads, to take away his pain.

I drop to my knees next to him, wrapping my arms around him and holding him close to me, letting him bury his head in the crook of my neck and continue crying. His own hands wrap around me, holding me as tight as possible, desperately clinging to me. I stroke his hair, giving him small kisses on the top of his head, trying to calm him down.

"Shh, it's alright. I'm right here," I whisper in his ear, but he only cries harder, holding me even tighter than before.

I can feel tears forming in my own eyes. I look down at the person in my arms, taken aback by how fragile he looks. I just want to hold him in my arms and take away his pain. He's been through so much ever since he was a kid, and he never had anyone there to share his pain with. But now he has me. He can cry in my arms for as long as he needs to, and I'll cry with him. He's not alone anymore. We'll share our pain with each other, and maybe that way it will be easier to bear. He has seen me at my worst, crying about my family, and he held me until I stopped crying. And I'll do the same for him. I won't leave his side until he can get back up on his feet on his own.

So we just sit there, on the floor, desperately clinging to each other and crying, finding the comfort we need in the other. It's just the two of us. Two pieces of two different puzzles, destroying ourselves just so we fit together. But it seems that neither one of us cares anymore.

So, let us destroy each other, but at least let us be happy.

To be continued...

I pulled out my Mitski playlist for this one. Enjoy the beginning of the pain that's about to come<3

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it!