CHAPTER 9

****Revon's POV****

Aria, hmm? One of the people she met up with accidently divulged her real name. So, The Red Doll's name is actually Aria. What a nice little name. It definitely doesn't give off "deadly assassin" vibes. Well, now at least I have something new to annoy her with.

On our walk back to the house, I kept calling her by her name, just to see the anger flare up in her eyes. I want to see how much of my bullshit she can take until she finally completely snaps. I want something inside her to snap so we can go back to our little killing game, cause this whole situation is simply stupid. I want to break her. We don't need her to defeat The lions, but my father kept insisting that our chances are better with her by our side, which I can't really deny. She's one skilled bitch, so she can definitely help us, but my ego is way too wounded after I basically had to beg her to help us, so I choose to ignore that.

It's the next morning now, and I have yet to see Aria. Last night, she went straight to her room, giving me one last angry look before she slammed the door. I have to attend a strategic meeting with my father and our most trusted men, to discus the best course of action, and, unfortunately, my father wants Aria to participate in it too, since she's gonna be directly helping us. Well, if she chooses to just skip the meeting then that's a plus for me, since I won't have to see her annoying face or hear her stupid voice for a hour straight.

I walk over to the second floor, where the big meeting room is. In the middle of the room, there's a big, long sleek wooden table, with chairs on either side of it. My father and the rest (except for Aria) are already seated. At one end of the table, my father sits on a black leather chair. At the other end, another identical chair seats, besides which is a whiteboard with a big map of our surroundings.

I walk over to the empty chair besides the white board and sit down. My father used to sit here and be in charge of the meetings, but since he has gotten sick and gave me the role of the leader, it's my job to do it. Everyone turns their gazes to me, silence filling the room.

"Where's The Doll?" my father breaks the silence.

"To hell if I know... Or care," I say, rolling my eyes. I clear my throat, getting ready to explain our first important mission in taking down The lions, but, before I can start speaking, the door to the room slams open, everybody turning their shocked gazes to it, including me.

"I bet y'all missed me," Aria says, entering the room. "Couldn't say the same," she adds, looking straight at me.

I scan her body from head to toe. She's wearing one of my shirts that I left in her closet. It's way too big on her, so it looks like a short dress, revealing her bare thighs. Her hair is messy, indicating the fact that she probably just woke up. I clench my jaw, readjusting myself in my seat. There's no denying it. She's one of the hottest women I have ever seen. It kinda makes sense, considering that she also specializes in seduction when killing her targets. If I didn't hate her with my entire being, then I would probably tell her that.

"So? Where's my seat," she asks, looking around the table. There's a single chair left empty, somewhere around the middle of the table.

She walks over to it, takes it in her hand and drags it across the floor, next to me. She places it on my right side and sits down. "Sorry, but I'm used to being in charge. That and the fact that I can't stand to see this idiot being at the head of the table," she says, smirking at me.

My body fills with anger, barely containing myself from slamming her on the table and choking the life out of her.

"Be careful what you say, or I might just have to shoot that pretty little mouth of yours," I say through gritted teeth.

"Darling, we both know you've been trying to do that for months, but here I am, still in one piece," she bites back, turning away from me, facing my father.

Everyone at the table stared at us, dumbfounded. This little bitch really has the fucking audacity to talk that way to me in front of my men. My hands are shaking with anger and I'm getting close to pulling out my gun. She had her hand on her thigh, going higher, definitely also getting ready to pull out her gun, but, before either of us can jump at each other's throats, my father talks once again.

"As I have already informed you, from now on until we defeat The lions, The Red Doll will be working with us."

Murmurs of disagreement fill the room, silent whispers expressing their opinions.

"Her and my son are not on the best of terms, and she definitely caused us some... Trouble, but I truly believe that her being here increases our chances of winning. She is a skilled fighter, and that brings me to my first point in today's meeting. Up until now, Revon was the one in charge of your training, but I also want The Doll to help him train you."

I get up from my seat, ready to protest.

"Have you lost your fucking mind? You seriously want HER to help ME with training?"

My father looks at me with an apologetical look in his eyes, but I know just how stubborn this man is. Once he puts something in his head there's no changing his mind.

"Oh, you're gonna hurt my feelings," Aria's voice comes from besides me. She has one of her hands on the table, holding her head with it, her eyes filled with amusement as she can barely contain her laughter. "You have a lot to learn from me, Viper," she spits out my name like it burns her tongue.

I clench my fists, giving her a deadly glare. I look around at the people sitting down at the table and take a deep breath. I won't give her the satisfaction to make a fool of me in front of them. I sit down and regain my posture.

"I think it's time we start our meeting," I say, trying to sound as calm as possible. I turn around so I'm facing the whiteboard. I get up from my seat and walk closer to it. "We discovered where their next shipment is going to happen. We're going to interfere with it and track the survivors (that we'll let escape intentionally) so we finally figure out where their main hideout is." Aria shifts in her seat, paying attention to what I'm saying. "We'll form two teams. I'll take the east wing, and The Doll will take the west one," I explain. Aria gets up from her seat and also walks to the whiteboard, pushing me away.

"I don't think so," she says. I clench my jaw again, staring at her. "I'll take the east wing. I specialize in sneak attacks, and there are more buildings where I can blend in."

I take a deep breath in and regain my posture. "Ok, then I'll take the west wing and she'll take the east. As much as I hate it, the people in her team will have to obey her orders and listen to her."

I look around the room, seeing the disagreement on their faces, but there's nothing I can do about it.

"Meeting's over," I say, walking to the door and leaving, followed by the rest.

Oh, dear Aria, I'll make sure to close that pretty little mouth of yours.

To be continued....

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P