CHAPTER 13

****Aria's POV****

There are a lot of possible activities I could be doing on a Saturday night. I could be reading a good book, or sipping on some coffee, or laughing while watching kids fall, or training some more in the gym. But going to a stupid masked gala with Revon wasn't really high in the ranks. But here I am.

I walk out of the house, my heels clanking on the hard pavement. It pretty chilly outside, and the dress I'm wearing is definitely not gonna keep me warm. Even though I'm basically going out just to kill some people, I still want to look decent. I chose a black, tight dress that hugs my curves nicely. It reaches to my ankles and it has a split going up all the way to just a little above my thigh. I have my dagger strapped to it, but from the front it just looks like an accessory belt on my thigh. My mask is also black, with little red details, matching my black and red high heels.

Revon is waiting for me in front of a limousine, wearing a black suit with a deep forest green fancy shirt under. The shirt matches the color of his eyes perfectly, making them pop in contrast with his fair skin and white hair.

Our eyes lock when he sees me. His eyes slightly darken as he slowly moves his gaze down my body, then going back up, looking in my eyes once again. A smirk is plastered on his face as he sarcastically bows down, putting his hand out for me to take it.

"Good evening, darling," he says, still smirking, waiting for me to take his hand.

"If you don't put your hand away I will seriously cut off your balls," I say, walking past him and into the limousine.

"Don't have to tell me twice," he answers, pulling his hand away and following me into the car, sitting next to me.

He gestures to the driver to start the car, and we take off.

He pulls out a black and green mask from besides him, putting it on.

"I bet you can't take your eyes off of me right now," he says, looking at me with a cocky smile on his face.

"Just like you can't take your eyes off of a car accident. It's fucking horrible but you wonder what else could possibly go wrong with it," I answer, looking away from him. From the corner of my eye, I can see Revon's mouth slightly opening in shock, clearly not expecting my reply.

"That really wasn't necessary," Revon says after a second, rolling his eyes and also looking away.

The rest of the ride neither of us spoke again. We just made some final adjustments, making sure that we have all our weapons. And, after about half an hour, we reached the hotel where, every year, rich white people with nothing better to do, organize the "Annual Gala", as they call it. It's basically just a big, fancy party for rich people and leaders of other gangs. It's a great opportunity for them to make deals with other gangs, plus, the "wear a mask" rule is kinda in their favor, since no one can recognize them. How do you think me and Revon will get in there?

We get out of the car and start walking towards the main entrance, where a bouncer stood in front of the door with a list of people that were allowed to go inside. Shit. I didn't really think about how we would make it past him.

I get ready to turn around and find another way in without him noticing, but Revon wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him, continuing to walk towards the bouncer with a big smile on his face.

"Revon, what in fuck's name are you doing?" I hiss at him, trying to break free from his grip.

"Just play along," he whispers back to me.

We stop in front of the bouncer. He looks up at us, pulling out the list of names.

"Names?" he asks us.

"I'm Adam Silver, and this is my wife, Anna," Revon tells him.

He looks for the names Revon gave him, and, after a few seconds, he nods his head, walking out the way and letting us go inside.

"I am going to fucking murder you," I smile at him, digging my nails in the hand he's still holding my waist with until I can feel his blood dripping down my fingers.

He returns my smile, clearly amused by the situation, not trying to take away his hand. "Oh, what a lovely wife I have," he says, chuckling under his breath.

I roll my eyes at him and pull his hand away from me, distancing myself from him.

"Info on the target?" I ask him.

All the childishness leaves his face, replaced by seriousness. "He's wearing a white suit, in his mid 40s, mostly bald, blue eyes," Revon says, scanning the room filled with people. I begin to do the same, trying to find someone that fits the description. "There he is," Revon says after a few minutes. I look at the direction he's looking at, finally seeing the leader of The Lions. My heart instantly sinks. Even with a mask on, I can still recognize him. His voice echoes from the other side of the room, my ears immediately picking up on it, making my skin crawl at the sound of it.

I take a step back, still processing. I knew I would have to see them again at some point, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. He still looks the same. And his voice. His disgusting voice.

My hands begin to shake in anger, and I can feel myself losing control over myself. He's here. He's right in front of me. I am going to cut his throat, slowly, so I can hear him choking on his own blood. I'll squeeze the life out of him with my bare hands. My surroundings blur together. All I can see is his face. I start walking towards him, my hand reaching for my dagger, but someone grabs me, turning me around and putting their hands on my waist, pulling me into a slow dance.

I am face to face with Revon, my hands still shaking with anger. He twirls us around, slowly approaching our target. He has a concerned look on his face as he's looking at me.

"Aria, are you ok?" he quietly asks me, twirling me around so my back is turned to the target.

I squint at him, the anger still pulsating through my veins. "Just get your job done and don't stand in my way."

He opens his mouth, probably preparing to give me one of his sarcastic comebacks, but, before the words can come out, a couple dancing bumps into us, making us lose our balance. Revon stops the both of us from falling, but, in the process his mask falls to the ground. He looks up to our target... Who was looking directly at us.

Fuck.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P