CHAPTER 32

****Aria's POV****

I immediately informed the others about the guy that bumped into me, and for the entirety of the following week we've been paying extra attention, trying not to draw any attention to us, in case he might have recognized me. But a week has passed and nothing happened, so he either really did not recognize me or he just didn't care. I hope it's the first option.

I didn't get a chance to inform Revon about all of this, since it's risky to just call him. So I had to wait for Saturday, which is today, to talk to him again.

I take a seat at the same table I sat at last week, and shortly after, Revon joins me.

"We've got a problem," I say, not trying to sugarcoat it.

"What a lovely way to start a conversation," Revon sighs, rolling his eyes.

"Well, you kinda started this problem, dickhead," I snap back at him. "Maybe if you actually payed attention to all your gang members and educated them not to be fucking pigs, this problem wouldn't exist at all," I continue, making Revon shoot me an angry look.

"Stop fighting with me and just explain what the fuck happened," Revon says, rubbing his temples in exasperation.

"That guy, the one that you kicked out of your gang when he tried to pick a fight with me in your kitchen, he's there. I guess he changed teams after his oh so lovely boss told him to leave," I roll my eyes at the stupidity of the situation we're in.

By the look on Revon's face, he looks like he's about to kill someone or himself... Or both. "Jackson, that stupid piece of shit," he curses under his breath, banging his fist on the table. "That pathetic shit with a pair of eyes was always problematic. Even he knew that he would eventually be kicked out of my gang, but I didn't expect him to go to The Lions."

Revon looks really troubled. He's bouncing his leg up and down, and his fists are clenched. I can't help but feel bad for him. I'm under a lot of stress because of this mission, but I can't even imagine how stressed he is. He's a leader, after all. The lives of the people in his gang depend on him and on the outcome of this mission.

I reach over the table without thinking and take his hand in mine, trying my best to comfort him.

"But don't worry too much. I don't think he recognized me. Nobody said anything yet, and if he really turns out to be an obstacle for us, then I'll just eliminate him," I say. I stare into his eyes, a serious expression on my face. "No matter what, I'll go through with this mission. We'll succeed. I promise you," I reassure him.

Revon stares at me for a moment, something in his eyes changing. The angry look in his eyes from earlier is replaced with a gentle one, even the green of his eyes looking lighter.

"Do you miss trying to kill me that much that you just want to get this mission over with?" he asks me, smirking. "Wow darling, you're flattering me."

I take my hand away from his and roll my eyes. "I told you I'll kill you once this mission is over, so get ready for that," I threaten Revon, but I can't help but smile at him. And, to my surprise, he returns my smile, looking amused.

"I can't wait for that, love," he quietly says while I get up from my seat and walk towards the fighting rink.

****Revon's POV****

I sit for a while at the table, watching Aria fight. No matter how many times I've seen her doing it, I still can't help myself from staring at her in awe. The way she strategically moves, predicting her opponent's every move, doesn't fail to mesmerize me every single time. She has splatters of blood on her face; not hers, of course. The redness of the blood on her fair skin creates an almost cartoonish contrast. "The Red Doll". That's where her name came from, I suppose. Looking at her delicate features and her porcelan like skin, it immediately makes you think of a doll. But there's nothing doll like in the way she hits her opponents, their blood destroying the doll aesthetic, turning it into something eerie instead.

There's beauty in her violence.

All of my primal instincts tell me to run away from her, but I still find myself admiring her, almost shivering before her beauty. She somehow manages to make killing someone look graceful. She's dangerous. She has always been. But instead of turning away and feeling scared because of her actions, she got me staring at her in awe like she's some type of goddess of death. She has me wrapped around her little finger, making me think that dying by her hands would be the biggest honor. She managed to get under my skin, infecting me with her sweet venom, and now she's got me addicted to it.

If it's what she truly wants, then I'll play along with it for an eternity. Continuing our killing game, even if now it's no longer about who kills the other first, but only about her trying to kill me. In no other life, and definitely not in this one, there's not a single particle of my being that could kill her anymore. I am no longer capable of that. I no longer want that. We'll continue this, until one day she will really kill me. Because I know she's the only one powerful enough to do that.

We're two ambers of the same flame. Only she can keep up with me, and only I can keep up with her. But her flame managed to engulf me; to burn me. I'm completely at her mercy and she doesn't even know it. But I'll gladly let her burn me to death, for her fire hurts in the best way possible.

So, Aria, keep your promise. Consider me worthy of dying by your hands. My life is yours, anyways. So do whatever you want with it and I'll happily oblige, darling.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P