CHAPTER 23

****Aria's POV****

The day passed by pretty quickly, and, not before long, I find myself laying in bed again. Revon hasn't come yet, and I doubt he will. It's clear that he's been avoiding me. This time, before going to bed, I checked the bathroom but he wasn't in there either. Not that it bothers me though. He can sleep on the streets, for all I care. I'm actually glad that annoying, cocky, stupid bastard isn't here to get on my nerves. This way, I have a few moments of peace and quiet.

But, even though I say all that, I still scoot over in case he does eventually come.

The next morning, I wake up earlier than usual, going to the common room. Lana, David, Sarah and Revon are already there, everyone doing their own thing. I stare at Revon, but he doesn't even acknowledge my presence. "Good morning," I say. Everyone except for Revon smiles at me and greets me. I roll my eyes, walking over to the couch he was on and sitting next to him. His body tenses up, but he still doesn't look at me.

This motherfucker really thinks he can just ignore me.

I put my left hand on his thigh, moving it up under the table, so no one else can see. His body tenses even more. I get closer to him. "It's rude to ignore someone when they greet you," I whisper, moving my hand to his crotch and resting it there. He clears his throat and readjusts himself in his seat. I smirk, taking my hand away and acting like nothing happened. He sits still for a minute, regulating his breathing. Then, he just gets up without saying a single word.

"Well, that was rude," Lana says, rolling her eyes and sitting next to me, in the place where Revon was sitting just a few moments ago.

We talk for a while, laughing and joking. The atmosphere is a light one, making me forget about the horrible things I actually came here to do. Liam joins us too, saying that he slept in. But time passes by too quickly, and, not after long, it's time for Sarah and David to go to the illegal fighting ring. We all go with them, since we're curious to see what this is all about.

The bar is a pretty normal one. It's filled with people dancing and having fun. It smells like alcohol and smoke in here. At the far end of it, there's a door with the words "Fighting for fun" written on it. I roll my eyes. Who came up with that? A middle schooler?

We make our way through the crowd of drunk people, opening and entering through the door, then walking down the flight of stairs leading to the fighting area.

This room is different from the one upstairs. There aren't as many people and they definitely aren't as drunk. It's clear that this place is dangerous. In the middle of the large room, there's a big fighting ring with two people already in it. One of them in punching the other guy again and again. The one getting punched isn't moving at all and blood is all around him. After a while, he stops punching him, and stands up with his fists in the air. The crowd roars, cheering for him.

A guy with a microphone enters the ring. "And, the winner is: The fierce Lion!" The crowd roars again.

I roll my eyes. The fierce Lion? He's definitely one of them.

He's massive. He's at least 6 feet tall and his body is extremely muscular.

Liam crouches besides me. "He's the one you'll be fighting in two days," he whispers. I smirk. I can't wait to beat up that gorilla.

"The fierce Lion" exits the ring and two other guys come instead. Everyone cheers for them, and they're clearly enjoying it. "It's time for the long awaited competition to start! I'm asking the two other contestants to enter the ring," the guy with the microphone says.

Sarah and David walk over, entering the fighting area. The crowd begins to boo them, clearly favoring the other two people.

Both of them look amused by the fact that one of their opponents is a woman. They're underestimating Sarah just because she's a girl. And oh boy, are they about to regret it. They're about to get absolutely destroyed.

The microphone guy gets out of the ring and begins counting. When he reaches three, a bell rings, indicating that the match has began. The guys look at Sarah and David with cocky smiles on their faces. They open their mouths, probably getting ready to make fun of Sarah, but, before they can get a single word out, Sarah and David move towards them with incredible speed, knocking both of them down. They are laying on the ground with confused faces. When they finally process what just happened, they get up, their faces burning with anger.

One of them lunges at Sarah, but she easily dodges his attack, punching him in the stomach. He stumbles back, but Sarah punches him in the face. His head flies to the side, blood spitting out of his mouth. He tries hitting her one more time, but she kicks him in the abdomen, making him fly backwards. She gains momentum, rushing towards the guy and drop kicking him, knocking him out cold.

Meanwhile, David lunges himself at the other guy head-first. Both of them fall to the ground. David gets on top of him, punching him again and again. Blood is coming out from the guy's mouth and nose, but David doesn't stop. After punching him some more, he gets up. "Get up, fucker," he tells the guy on the ground. He tries getting up, stumbling over his own feet, but David picks him up, throwing him to the ground and knocking him out.

The crowd is silent, processing what they have just witnessed. After a minute, they explode with cheers and applause. The guy with the microphone enters the ring again, also looking shocked by what just happened. He grabs Sarah and David's hands, putting them up in the air.

"These are the first two winners of out competition!" he exclaims, making the people go even crazier, screaming and cheering even louder.

I chuckle to myself. If this is how all the Lions fight, then this is gonna be an easy job for us.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P