CHAPTER 29

****Aria's POV****

The men walk us up to a big white door with small golden details drawn on it. One of them knocks three times, then he opens the door, revealing a big black desk sitting under a large window from which you could see the entire back yard. My eyes instantly stop on the man sitting at that desk: the leader of The Lions. The man that destroyed my life and killed my family, just so he could take over my father's hotel business.

I try my best to regulate my breaths and not attack him then and there, since that would pretty much blow this entire mission. Instead, I scan the room, trying to find other things that could be useful to us.

To the right of the desk, there was another door, that probably lead to his bedroom. Paintings were hung all over the walls of his office, but a certain picture captures my attention. At first, I thought it was a picture of this disgusting man and Revon, but upon further inspection, Revon is obviously not in the picture. The person I had mistaken him for was actually a woman. She had the same white hair as him and the same green eyes. The leader was sitting next to her, but she looked... So incredibly sad.

I feel my heart drop when I remember what Revon told me about his mother. The woman in that picture was probably her.

Even from this distance, I could see the bruises on her skin, even though she was obviously trying to hide them. I can feel all the rage I felt earlier towards this man resurface at full force. This piece of shit destroyed that woman's life. And he also destroyed... Revon's life.

"She's pretty, isn't she?" his disgusting voice asks. I snap my head towards him. "She was my wife. Unfortunately, she passed more than a decade ago," he continues talking.

I clench my fists, trying my best to control myself. This bald ugly ass bitch had the audacity to present Revon's mother as his fucking wife. I am going to cut his fucking throat. Slowly, so I can hear his helpless gasps for air while he chokes on his own blood. This disgusting fucking pig is going to die right fucking no-

"She really was pretty," Lana says, putting her hand on my back. She probably noticed I was losing control and she was trying to calm me down.

That's right. I have to calm down. Revon's mother and what he did to her aren't my concern. That has nothing to do with me, so I have to calm down and remember what I have to do.

I take in a shaky breath, managing to stop myself from shaking with anger and I put on a friendly smile.

"Indeed. Her eyes were so beautiful," I politely say.

He nods at me and indicates towards a big leather couch besides his desk, silently instructing us to sit down. We all walk over to that couch and take a seat, waiting for him to continue talking.

"I have asked you all to come here today because I heard of how impressive your performances at the fighting area were. I assume you all know about The Lions," he shortly stops, waiting for us to nod in agreement, which we do. "We need people as capable as you. So, as the leader of The Lions, I am asking you to join us."

He expectantly looks at us. Nobody says anything for a few moments.

"And why exactly would we do that?" I ask him with an amused tone. I know people like him. They think they are the centre of the Universe and that everyone will do anything to please them. However:

1. If we immediately accept his offer, that will raise suspicion. Cause let's be real, no normal person will accept straight away to join a random gang.

2. I have to act like I don't know just how powerful this gang is, so I'll talk down to him, just like I am doing right now with my question.

3. I just really wanna see his stupid fucking face when I talk back to him.

The confidence leaves his face and his eyes fill with shock for a brief second, before he regains his composure.

"Watch your mouth," one of the men that walked us here says to me, pulling his gun out from under his coat.

I cross my legs, looking at the leader. "I'll talk however I want to," I say to the other man, not taking my eyes off of the disgusting pig in front of me. "Why would we join a random pathetic gang just cause you like how we fight?" I continue talking. At this point, all the other dudes in the room take out their guns.

The leader stares at me for a second and then he smirks. He lifts his hand up, instructing his men to put their weapons down.

"I understand your concerns, miss..."

"Taylor. Amelia Taylor," I give him my fake name.

"Miss Taylor, I understand your concerns, but you are mistaken. This is definitely not some random pathetic gang. We are the second most powerful gang in all of America," he says, taking out some newspapers and sliding them towards me. I take them and scan over the news headlines. They are all about numerous crimes this gang has done. I already know about all of them, but I still have to act like I'm shocked.

"Wait... You're THIS gang?" I ask, trying to sound shocked and fearful.

He smiles at me, cockily sitting in his chair. "Yes. Do you understand now why us asking you to join this gang is such an honor? And of course, you'll be getting payed like all the other people working for me. And just imagine the reputation you'll get. If you want to continue this whole illegal fighting thing then you'll be feared, just because you're part of this gang."

Like that gorilla I had to fight? Yeah, look where his "reputation" got him. He would probably piss his pants if he sees me again.

I try my best not to roll my eyes, then I sit in silence, acting like I'm contemplating his offer. I look over at Lana and the rest, and they nod their heads at me. I turn back towards the leader. "Alright. We'll join your gang," I say.

He gets up and holds out his hand towards me, waiting for me to shake it. I also get up, taking his hand in mine, my grip stronger than it should be. I shake his hand, not breaking eye contact.

"Welcome to the family, miss Amelia Taylor. Also, welcome to your friends," he says, letting go of my hand.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P