CHAPTER 20

****Revon's POV****

I smash my lips onto hers, closing the small space between us. At first, she seems taken aback by my sudden action, but then she kisses me back, matching the hunger from my kiss. Always has to be so god damn stubborn. She doesn't back down, not letting me have dominance over her. She said that I'll never be the boss of her, and she's trying to prove that right now.

I put my hands on her waist, gripping it hard. That's definitely gonna leave bruises, but she doesn't seem to care. I press her even harder to the wall, deepening our kiss. I run my tongue on her bottom lip, silently asking her for permission to enter her mouth. In response, she bites my bottom lip, making me grunt in pleasure.

Taking control over the situation, she spins us around, pinning me to the wall, still holding me by my collar. She runs her hand up my abdomen, almost driving me insane. But then she stops at my neck and then I feel the cold familiar feeling.

"Don't test your luck with me, boy," she says through gritted teeth, holding her dagger to my neck.

Both of us are breathing hard, our faces a slight shade of red from the adrenaline that was still running through our veins. I smirk and lift up my hands as a sign that I surrender. She makes direct eye contact with me, her eyes a burning flame of anger and, perhaps, desire.

She lifts the dagger from my neck, taking a step back from me, still looking in my eyes. I don't back away from the challenge and I hold her gaze. She almost looks wild, like an animal that's trying not to lose control. The look she has in her eyes awakes all sorts of feelings inside of me, making me want to pin her down again.

After a few seconds, she simply turns around and leaves my room, not giving me a second glance. I stare at the door she just left through, my head an unorganized mess. I was so angry at her, and I needed to let out that anger one way or another. At the moment, kissing her seemed like the only plausible way to let my anger out on her, but now I just feel angrier. Kissing her isn't enough to show her how angry she made me. And it doesn't help that I now have quite a few ideas on what other things I could do to her to show just how angry she made me.

I roll my eyes at myself and walk into my bathroom. I need... A few cold showers.

************

The next morning, I take my bag filled with a few clothes and the other bag filled with guns and knives and make my way to the front of the house, where a van is waiting for me, Aria and the rest of the people that are going on this mission. I'm still against the idea of Aria quite literally going in The Lion's den, but she made it pretty clear that I can't stop her.

To my surprise, Aria is already outside, talking with her friends. Well, at least she's not gonna be late again. I walk up to the driver to ask him how long it's gonna take us to reach the destination. Even though I walk right past her, Aria doesn't even glance at me. So we're playing this game, hm?

We all put our bags in the car and go in the back of the van. We'll be traveling in the back, since it's the only place that has enough space for all of us. We'll have to sit on the floor for the entire 12 hour drive, but none of us are complaining about it.

And, of course the universe is trying to play a fucking joke on us. When we get in the car, me and Aria somehow end up sitting next to each other. She's still ignoring me, and I don't plan on being the one to break the silence. So I ignore her back. This is definitely gonna be an amazing fucking car ride.

Aria and her friends talk for a few hours, while I talk with the members that I chose to come with me. We're talking about strategies and what we should do once we reach their base. While doing it, I'm trying my hardest to ignore Aria's voice and the warmth emanating from her body, or the way her knee is slightly brushing against mine every time the car turns to the left or to the right.

I had a taste of her lips and now my body is left wanting more. I mentally curse myself and turn my attention back to the conversation I was holding. More hours pass by, and the sky darkens. Everyone in the car is asleep, of course, everyone except me and her.

The silence feels heavy. The only things breaking this silence are the sound of the car's engine and the sound of our own breaths. None of us have tried saying anything to each other the entire day, and that awkwardness is finally getting to me.

"Do you really plan on ignoring me the entire mission?" I ask her, chuckling.

Still not looking at me, she answers: "Missing me that much?"

Her voice is filled with amusement and I cannot help but smile, looking in front of me, not at her. "Don't think so highly of yourself. I miss making you angry, miss stubborn," I respond and I can feel her rolling her eyes even though I can't see her face.

Silence fills the car again. I wait for her to say anything back, but instead I hear her breaths slow down, in a calm manner. Then, I feel her head slowly resting on my shoulder. I look down at her. She fell asleep. Without waking her up, I adjust her so she has her head laid in my lap, so she can sleep in a more comfortable position.

She looks so... Peaceful. The usual anger or mocking amusement always present on her face are gone. Now she just looks calm. There's a certain innocence present on her sleeping face, one that makes me think that there's way more to Aria than what I know. And, without meaning to, the thought of wanting to know all the parts to her enters my mind.

I sigh softly, brushing a strand of her hair away from her face with my finger.

"Good night," I whisper, closing my own eyes.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P