CHAPTER 8

****Aria's POV****

I wake up and check the time. 2:17. I quietly get out of bed and go out on the balcony. Shit, it's fucking freezing outside. I walk back inside and go over to the sleek black closet in the room. Revon told me that he'll put a few clothes in there in case I wanna change. I open it and pick a random hoodie that looks like it could make me warmer. I put it up to my nose and sniff. Smells like idiocy and bullshit. Must be his hoodie.

I put it over my head and enjoy the warmness it brings me. It's like 3 sizes too big, but who do I have to impress? It's not my fault Revon's built like a fucking tall gorilla. And he's got the personality of one too.

I take the hair band I always keep on my wrist and tie my hair in a loose ponytail. I walk up to the door of my room and try to open it. Of course it's fucking locked. This stupid bastard really has the audacity to fucking lock me in here. I sigh in annoyance and go out on the balcony again. Well, The Red Doll has always been known to do everything her way.

I'm on the third floor of his mansion, so jumping down isn't really an option. I just need to get out of this stupid room. I look around me. Over the edge of my balcony, a thin ledge runs across the outside of the house, leading to a window that (I believe) leads to one of the guest bedrooms. And, to my luck, that window is slightly ajar.

Well, not like I have anything to lose.

I go over the railing and stand, looking down at a 10 meter fall. Good thing I'm not afraid of heights, right? 😀

I take a deep breath and step on the thin ledge, my back against the wall, with both my arms stretched on either side of me. I really am going to fucking kill Revon for making me do this stupid ass bullshit.

I take small sidesteps until I reach the window. With my back still turned to it, I blindly open it and pretty much throw myself inside, a relieved breath escaping from my lips. I stumble in the darkness, trying to find a light switch. When I finally find it and turn it on, I almost scream at the sight of a very much awake Revon, sitting in his bed, staring at me with confused eyes.

"This... Isn't the guest bedroom? My bad 😀," I say, turning around, trying to flee.

In an instant, Revon gets out of bed and puts his hand around my throat, pinning me to the wall.

"Can you explain what the ACTUAL FUCK you're doing outside of your room at 2:30 in the fucking morning? And did you just fucking pull a Spiderman all the way to my fucking room?" he asks me, the last traces of sleepiness leaving him.

I slap his hand away from my throat, stomping on his right foot.

"Well, can you explain why the fuck you locked me in that room when I clearly specified that I work alone and I will NOT be bossed around?" I snap back.

He looks at me, his eyes clearly filled with anger.

"I don't know, maybe because I don't fucking trust you and this whole bullshit plan was never my fucking idea?"

"Oh, don't worry, I don't like this either. Are you that obsessed with me that you have to always know where I am?" I can see the annoyance grow in his eyes, but what can I do? I love annoying him.

He smirks at me, grabbing my face with one of his hands, caressing my cheek with his thumb. "Oh, don't flatter yourself darling. It's easier to kill you if I know where you are."

I roll my eyes at him and take a step away from him. "Where's the fun in killing someone if you know exactly where they are and what they're doing? For me, the fun is all in the chase," I say, turning around and trying to open the door once again.