20. No Hard Feelings

If I wasn't fucking crippled right now I would be blowing my brothers brains out

All the fucking time he blamed me for their deaths yet it was his fault in the begin with.

Kaiden must of sensed the anger radiating off of me because he said something.

"You can't kill him." He says to me.

"Why the fuck not?" I asked him coldly.

Our parents were dead because that asshole decided to fuck around with a drug cartel.

"Because your fucking injured!" He yells at me.

"That's never stopped me before, this is my parents we are talking about." I tell him.

"I get that, but you have to think rationally here." He explains to me.

"Fuck that shit." I deadpanned.

"Ever heard of the name Aleksei Vacho?" I asked him out of curiosity.

He turns and looks at me it was almost like he had seen a ghost.

"I take it you have." I say.

Putting the pieces together everything finally makes sense now.

"The drug lord my brother was messing around with, I'm guessing that's him." I tell him.

"No one has heard from him in years, something big happened and he went underground." He explains to me.

I smirked.

Underground you say?

Kaiden walks over to the chair across from my bed and sat down. This was a win win, I help him he helps me.

Why not work together if we are after the same person.

"We should work together." I say to him.

He practically laughs, I rolled my eyes.

"No way in hell." He says to me.

"We are after the same person why not make things easier?" I asked him.

"He went underground, fine, I know everyone in the underground. No one would trust an officer but they do trust me." I explain to him.

"Besides, I think I already had a run in with this guy." I tell him.

"What do you mean?" He asks confused.

"When I got into the accident a guy came and tried to kill me saying I was just like my brother. Snooping into places you don't belong, I think his words were." I tell him.

"If he went underground for a while I think he may be popping back up." I tell him.

"He tried to kill you?" Kaiden asks me almost seeming like he cared.