29. We'll See

A couple of hours have passed and I was stuck at this station

I was in an interrogation room waiting for an officer to come back into the room. I wanted to leave already but I was waiting, in time I will be out here already.

I was able to get one phone call and I used it to call Skylar, telling her my plan. I knew she knew what to do next because she was the next step.

I sat here impatiently waiting, I looked at the clock and it was only 5pm, I should be in my bed right about know binge watching my favorite tv shows but no.

Suddenly the door opens and Kaiden walks into the room with another officer.

I looked up at him in his eyes looking to find any emotions but I found none, I guess he is just that good at hiding his emotions.

I put on a straight face and waited for them to say something as they sat down in front of me.

"Alexis Miller, if you don't have a lawyer one will be represented to you." The other officer says to me.

"I don't need a lawyer." I tell him.

"I am Lieutenant Hawk, and as you know this is Agent Santos." He introduces himself to me.

"Nice to meet you." I say sarcastically.

"Such a big mess for just a teenager." He says with a smirk on his face.

"Last time I checked I was an adult." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Mhm, sure you are kid." He says to me.

I heard his radio went off and he answered it like the fool he was, he got up from his chair and nod at Kaiden before heading out the door.

Once we were alone it was complete and utter silence, neither of us had said a word.

I looked into his eyes but he looked away from me not even bother giving me another glance.

"Kaiden." I call out his name.

"Don't." He warns me.

I could sense a void in him, almost like I had betrayed him and he is trying to hide his emotions from me.

I sighed.

How was I going to explain this to him, I wasn't trying to betray him yet I was trying to help him.

Is it possible that I'm reading too much into this?

Five minutes have gone by and not one of us said another word.

The Lieutenant came back into the room and looked at me suspiciously before sitting back down.

"Looks like we can no longer keep you here, your bail has been paid." He says to me.

I smirked, looks like they are already here.

"Good, I guess I'll be leaving." I say to him.

"I guess so, but don't worry we will meet again." He says to me.