Chapter 9 - The Picture Frame

Suminako's POV

"Here's the ticket I promised," said Zeka as she hands me a free entrance ticket to her concert that is going to be held in our academy.

I was confused at first until I started remembering the exact reason to why she's giving me a free ticket in the first place.

"I almost forgot about it, but thanks. I appreciate it," I casually took the ticket away from her hands.

"What do you mean you almost forgot?" Zeka asked.

"I almost forgot that I was angry at you last week," I responded nonchantly.

"...Really now?" Zeka sweatdropped.

"Well, it's all in the past now," I reassured her that I was no longer angry especially because she paid for all of my expenses during the trip to Central Town.

"How am I supposed to forget that angry look on your face? It scared the living hell out of me," Zeka mumbled something I couldn't hear.

"Hm? What did you say?" I asked.

"N-Nothing, be sure to come alright? I'll be expecting you since you're my most valued person," said Zeka before leaving the classroom.

I'm her most valued person?! I cheered in joy upon hearing those words.

Even though she's my best friend, I'm still get all fluffy about hearing such words. It warms up my heart.

It's probably weird of me to have such thoughts but, it's more like because I felt like since we haven't seen each other in a very long time, she might've valued others more than me.

And I'd be okay about it, but I would still feel... a bit lost if that were the case. I wouldn't know what I should be doing without Zeka by my side.

"I wonder where is Natsume?" I mumbled to myself as I looked around the classroom, I haven't seen him ever since I got out of the hospital.

I heard from the others that Ruka-pyon carried me all the way to Zeka so that she will use her Alice to teleport everyone that was with me to the hospital.

It was unknown to how I passed out as there were no traces of drugs, nor did I have any health issues.

The only conclusion the doctors came to was that I was hypnotized to sleep.

"Ah, I should probably thank Ruka-pyon too for helping me," said Kokoroyomi as I was mumbling the same exact words to myself.

"B-Baka! Don't read out my mind!" I gently punched Kokoroyomi on his arm.

"Say, do you know where Natsume is?" I asked.

"Shiranai, maybe you should ask Ruka, he's right outside thinking about you," said Kokoroyomi as he pointed to the door.

My eyes landed on Ruka-pyon who was standing right outside the classroom. I then asked Ruka-pyon if he knows anything about Natsume's whereabouts.

"Natsume's hospitalized," said Ruka-pyon. My mouth almost dropped when I heard the word hospitalized.

Ruka-pyon said he was hospitalized after the day we went to Central Town.