Chapter 24 - The Spirit In The Necklace

Suminako's POV

We found ourselves waking up in an area of this forest that is giving out strange vibes. It seems like most of us passed out from the shock of going through a warphole.

"This place looks depressing," I commented as we scan around the area. None of us have any idea on where we are right now.

"Well, that's exactly why Z chose it. This really is a troublesome place," said Tsubasa-nii as he lifts me off the ground into his arms.

 This really is a troublesome place," said Tsubasa-nii as he lifts me off the ground into his arms

"Tsubasa-nii, I want to walk on my own," I said.

"No can do, I'm worried that you'll get lost if I don't watch you closely," said Tsubasa-nii.

I felt like I was being treated like a baby, which kinda irritates me.

"Ruka, have you found out anything about our current location yet?" Our attention shifts over to Natsume and Ruka-pyon who has been trying to track any traces of Z with Ruka-pyon's Alice.

Ruka-pyon was talking to a rabbit, according to what the rabbit has told him, there are only mountains around here with no houses in sight.

"Maybe this area is one of Z's private property, which make senses to why they would come to such a place. They must have had a place to hide," said Tsubasa-nii.

I have to agree with Tsubasa-nii. If I were Z, I'd pick this depressing place to hide as well.

Tsubasa-nii proceeds to explains we don't have time to waste since we have only until tomorrow night, and suggested that we should focus on collecting information in order to go after Z. Before he could continue to say anything else, there was a large sound of a stomach growling.

Everyone turned to look at me.

"A-Ahaha... Well I forgot to eat the whole day yesterday since I was too busy crying," I laughed awkwardly.

"NANI? You didn't eat for the WHOLE day?!" Tsubasa-nii exclaimed.

"E-Eh yes...? But I didn't mean to forget!" I scratched my cheeks. "I remember I brought snacks with me, just enough to last all of us for an entire day." I proceed to unzip the bag I was carrying on my back, only to find a penguin that I don't remember bringing along, with a fat and chubby stomach.

What's left in my backpack was bags of emptiness as the penguin had already finished up everything I brought along.

"On second thought, I didn't bring snacks but brought this penguin as our emergency food." I started drooling as I imagine how roasted penguin meat would taste like.

"HEE!" the penguin, seemingly understood what I've just said, ran to hide behind Ruka-pyon.

"Sigh, I guess we should look for any food that could be nearby, we can't let you pass out from hunger." Tsubasa-nii sighed.