Chapter 16 - The Meaning of Love

Day six

Suminako's POV

It was the day of the closing ceremony for the Alice Festival. However, when I walked into class, all of the girls were surrounding the three most popular boys in our class: Natsume, Ruka-pyon and Taka-kun.

What in the world? I was concerned on why there are so many junior girls surrounding Taka-kun on a day like particular day like this.

Could it be that there is something special going on?

"Hey, what's going on? Why is everyone surrounding Taka-kun?" I asked Anna and Nonoko. They knew I had a crush on Taka-kun, or at least they say it's obvious because I'm always seen by his side talking to him or I always stare at him during classes. I was embarrassed, but at least glad that I didn't have to hide it from my close friends.

"You don't know? We're having the Last Dance tonight!" both of them said at the same time.

"Uh, the what?" I asked since I didn't quite catch that.

"The Last Dance! it's one of the academy's seven wonders. There's a legend that if two people dance together, they become soulmates! Ah, I can't wait to ask Misaki-sensei out!" said Anna.

"Me too, let's ask him together tonight," said Nonoko.

Soulmates?

I've never seen myself being Taka-kun's girlfriend since I never thought about dating before. Truthfully, I think I'm too young to be dating and that I should focus on my studies instead.

"You never thought of dating before?" asked Kokoroyomi, who obviously read my mind again.

A/N: Kokoroyomi has a small crush on Sumi since she's pretty.

"No. What's dating anyways? Is it like doing weird stuff to each other? I mean, that's how babies are made right?" I asked.

"Wow Sumi, you know how babies are made?" Both Anna and Nonoko gave me that look but I didn't quite get why.

"Well yeah? A couple hugs each other and then a baby pops out," I answered with a straight face.

Everyone face palmed when they heard my answer.

"It's alright Sumi, I love your innocence and I don't want to ruin it," said Nonoko.

"Yeah, you're too innocent, Sumi," said Anna.

The two of them were acting strange, but I didn't thought much about it since they hugged me.

"You got the wrong idea. Dating is like kissing and hugging your partner, but that's not all of it," Anna started to explain.

"Dating someone is like you start to miss them like crazy whenever they're not with you, you want them to touch you in an appropriate way of course, your mind will be filled with images of their face and you won't be able to stop thinking about them," Nonoko takes the lead.

"Um, that sounds complicated," I stared at the duo.

"Well it's kinda like salt and pepper, you need pepper if you have salt, and the same goes to pepper if you need salt. You would think of the missing half since only the other half can fill the void," said Kokoroyomi.

"Um, what?" I stared at them confusedly.

"What we're saying is for now, you just have a crazy crush on Taka-kun, but that's not love," said Anna.

"Then what is love?" I asked.

"Hm, even I'm not sure. You'll know the feeling when the time comes," said Anna.