Chapter 6 - Kiryuiin Aria

Suminako's POV

"She's here! She's here!" A group of juniors looked in my direction as I was making my way to class. One of them is holding a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates, I already have a feeling about what's going to happen next judging from their expressions.

"A-Akayuki-chan, ohayo gozaimatsu," greeted the senpai with the gifts.

"Ohayo gozaimatsu..." I greeted back politely.

"U-Um... please go out with me, Akayuki-chan!" the guy bowed.

"Gomenasai, senpai. I'm not interested in dating just yet, I don't really know anything about love..." I gave him an apologetic bow after saying that.

"Oh... It's alright, I can understand, but if you would... These are for you," he handed me the flowers and chocolates.

I wanted to reject his gift but since he already got them for me, I might as well just keep them.

"Arigato..." I said as I took the things from his hands.

After he left, I walked into the classroom. I could feel everyone was staring at me because of what I was holding in my arms.

"Ne, wasn't that Hayate-senpai, the president of the soccer club?" I overheard one of my classmate's conversation.

"Lucky! Hayate-senpai is so popular! If I were her, I would accept his confession in a heartbeat!" said the girl beside her.

I don't really get it...

"Ne, Ruka-pyon..."

"D-Don't call my name with a pyon!" he seemed flustered.

"Ruka-pyon~" I said it again in a teasing way, which made him even more flustered. His reactions were fun for me to watch. "Hihi~ Ruka-pyon~" I said it once again. This time, his face was becoming red. "Your reactions are so fun and cute!" I giggled to myself.

"S-Shut up! B-Baka!" he stuttered.

"Teehee! Ruka-pyon~" I teased him once again. "Ne... What's being in love like?" I asked.

"W-Why are you asking me such an absurd question?" he asked.

"What? You've never liked anyone before?" I asked.

"N-No..." said Ruka-pyon.

"You're so lame," I joked.

"N-Nani? Do you have someone you like?" he asked.

"Hm... Even if I do, I wouldn't tell you," I smiled at him.

"Whatever..." Ruka mumbled.

I've become close with Ruka after that party disaster, he's the only person I talk to besides Hotaru and Valerie-chan in class. The class rep, Yu-kun has also gotten closer with me as well since we've been talking occasionally. I think Yu-kun is a pretty nice guy, he's one of the only people in class who's willing to talk to me.

Meanwhile, Natsume has been ignoring me ever since that day, I wonder if I did something to upset him?

"Ruka, let's go," Natsume got up from his seat with Ruka following behind.

"Ne, where are you guys going?" I asked curiously.

Natsume glanced at me for one second before turning to leave.

What's with him? I thought to myself.

"Tch, I don't get why does Hayate has his eyes on this girl,"