Chapter 12 - The Alice Festival

Suminako's POV

"Ahh... I shouldn't have stayed up so late playing games last night," I walked around the school dizzily while mumbling my regrets.

This morning is the entrance ceremony for the Alice Festival, and I'm running late because I somehow got myself lost in the school again.

"Ah Sumi-chan, the ceremony is this way, I'll bring you there," said a senior.

"Thank you so much, senpai," I bowed politely and waved goodbye.

"Sumi, you're late!" Tsubasa-senpai whispered as I made my way towards the front since I'm the shortest among everyone.

A/N: Sumi stands at 140cm, the same height as Natsume and Ruka.

"Gomen~ I was playing games until 3 a.m. last night since there won't be classes for the next few days," I casually yawned with my mouth covered.

"What did I tell you about controlling how much time you spend on games? That's why you always wake up late on the weekends!" He scolded while smacking me on the head.

"I can't help it alright? It's how I enjoy my youth," I sighed while yawning again. I only had five hours of sleep.

I looked at the stage and saw a boy who attracted my attention, I mean why won't anyone notice a kid sitting among the principals?

"Ne, there's a kid up there," I pointed towards him.

"Shhhhh! That's the ESP! Watch where you run your mouth, baka!" Tsubasa-senpai exclaimed as he covers my mouth with his hands.

The ESP? A kid like him is the principal?

It seems like I have caught the ESP's attention. He was staring right at me, deep into my soul. He had a smile on his face, and when my eyes met his, I immediately felt something pounding the temples of my head.

I kneeled down and held my head since it was hurting really badly, I couldn't help it at all. Something was trying to force its way inside my head, it was the exact same pounding I felt last time in Central Town, and also back at the warehouse.

I saw a vision... a vision of someone I don't know. He was a much older guy, I'd say about the same age as Narumi-sensei.

"Let's have some fun at my workplace,"

"Sumi, Sumi!" Tsubasa-senpai and Misaki-senpai's voices were calling out to me.

"Are you alright? Your complexion doesn't look good, and there's cold sweat all over your head," Both of them had a concerned expression as they held onto my arms.

I was having a panic attack. I felt like I was suffocating as my heart was hammering inside my chest, and I felt like I might pass out anytime. The vision that I just saw kept on replaying in my mind, the fear inside of me became more and more immense.

Why was I so afraid of the vision I just saw?

It was then when I saw a figure of a woman, someone who feels so familiar to me yet I can't recall who was she. The woman looked at me with a smile, mouthing the words "We'll meet soon, Sumi-chan".

That was how I passed out right on the spot, only to find myself hospitalized again when I woke up.

Exceptionally, I was told by my doctor that I must've been under a great amount of stress if I passed out all of a sudden. He advices me to allow myself to relax and I should avoid any harsh activities that would trigger my panicking.

I was free to go as the doctor told me I was in perfect condition. Although this time I was rather annoyed with myself. Just what exactly is wrong with me?