Chapter 10 - The Black Knight

Suminako's POV

"Hey, who was that woman?" Permy asked quietly.

"I don't know, why are you asking me?" I whispered.

"It sounded like she was talking about you though," Permy muttered.

That woman, for some reasons, she really bothers me a lot especially after what I saw in my dreams.

"Hey, let's get out of here while we have the chance," I whispered to Permy.

"Are you crazy? What if we get caught? We could get killed!" argued Permy.

"Well, would you rather be sold to someone you don't know? The boat will be coming soon in a few hours," I argued back.

We began arguing quietly over our disagreements.

Natsume's POV

"Where am I?" I woke up in a place with endless darkness.

Am I finally dead?

If I had died, that means I'm finally freed from all the pain and sufferings. But I wish I could've met Aoi and dad again. I wanted to apologize for not being able to be there for them.

I sat down for what felt like hours until a light suddenly appeared in the darkness.

It was a little girl with black hair, at first I thought it was Zeka but when I took a closer look, I noticed the girl had familiar cyan eyes.

It was... Sumi. She's the only girl who has those cyan eyes.

"Natsume, promise me that we'll meet again one day, okay?" Sumi walked towards me and hugged me as the dark place slowly brightens up.

I then found myself in an unfamiliar place, the light around me has diminished once again.

But what was in front of my eyes shocked me.

It was Sumi, she was dead.

I was at a lost for words.

I woke up to another unfamiliar place again, but this time, a familiar person was right in front of me.

"C'mon Permy! Don't you know how to untie some ropes? You pull it out the other direction it was tied in!" Sumi whispered.

Sumi is alive and well, so what I just saw must've been a dream.

I felt a sense of relief knowing that what I saw was only a dream.

I tried to move but I felt my hands were tied to the back, it was then I remembered being drugged by that Mori Reo.

But how on earth did these two got drugged by Mori Reo as well?

"Oh shut up Sumi, it's not that easy when the ropes are tight," said Permy in a low voice.

"Oh Natsume! You're awake," said Sumi as she turns to make eye contact with me.

Those eyes of hers, they bother me somehow. Her eyes are hard to look away from, I don't know why I find them mesmerizing. There was something to her eyes that I can't quite put my finger at.

However, something about my dream bothers me.

I recalled what Zeka was saying to Sumi from the Central Town trip.

"What do you mean, Sumi? I thought the two of you knew each other since you were kids, we all knew each other, including Ruka too,"

A/N: This is from Chapter 7

If that little girl I saw was indeed Sumi, then what does this means?

Have I really met Sumi somewhere before?