Chapter 2 - Know Your Place

Suminako's POV

"What do you think you're doing?" asked Zeka upon seeing my current state.

"Could you believe this girl? she thinks us Alices are nothing special!" said the guy Zeka is talking to.

What? how does he know that? could it be mind-reading?

"What? how does he know that? could it be mind-reading?" said another guy, who apparently is the mind reader.

"Well that's right, I don't think being an Alice makes you superior compared to others, so what?" I said.

I really don't get what's so proud about having an Alice.

"See what I mean? but we ARE superior because we're Alices, and if you ain't no Alice then you should know your place in here, like do us a favor and leave" I was being levitated around the ceilings, so much that it's making me dizzy while everyone is giggling.

"Mochiage, put her down or I'll fucking kill you," said Zeka with an aura that says killing intents.

Zeka was intimidating enough to make the guy put me down.

But honestly, I think that since I was able to enroll at such a prestigious school like this academy, it means I definitely have an Alice of some sort, there's no question as to why I don't.

"Who is she, Zeka? You sounded like you know each other," asked a girl as I made my way towards Zeka's table.

"She's my best friend, the one I told you about, Hotaru," said Zeka.

"I'm Imai Hotaru, yoroshiku," she did a half bow.

"Y-Yoroshiku..." I responded nervously.

"Is that Natsume's mask you're holding?" Zeka pointed to my hand that is holding the mask.

"Yeah, I found it on the ground after I crashed onto him when I was climbing the walls with the shoes you gave me," I said.

"... I did say those were shoes that could stick to anything, I didn't know you would use them to climb walls," said Zeka.

I guess Zeka is impressed by my wits.

"You climbed the walls?" asked Hotaru as she raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's how I got inside the academy," I said.

A teacher came into class after the bell rang, I sat beside my 'partner', Ruka who is next to Zeka since the seat beside him is empty. Before Narumi-sensei, he made one final announcement that shocked the whole class.

"Since Sumi-chan is new here, she'll be assigned a partner. Natsume and Ruka will be her new partners, so do look after Sumi-chan for me," said Narumi-sensei.

"I can't believe the new student has both Natsume-kun and Ruka-kun as her partners! She's so damn lucky!" I overheard one of my classmate's conversation during class.

"I know right? I'd kill to have them as my partners!" said the girl beside her.

"Could you believe it?! Zeka said she is her best friend as well!" the girl said in envy.

"She's so damn lucky..." said the other girl,

Ruka is a blonde-haired boy with ocean blue eyes, and he looks like a prince that came out from a manga! Not only he's attractive, but I also noticed that there's a bunny sitting on his lap, I couldn't help but find myself staring at the adorable animal.

He's kind of like the male version of Snow White, I think both of us share the same love for animals.

Ruka seems to have noticed me staring, he seemed like he wanted to say something but couldn't since we're in the middle of class. The bunny made its way to my lap after seeing Ruka's reaction, which caught him by surprise.