Chapter 5 - Party Turns Into A Disaster

Suminako's POV

"C'mon in, little kouhai!" The onee-san opened the door and gestured for me to go inside.

"Irashaimasen!" Everyone in the classroom said in sync.

"This is your welcoming party, welcome to the special department!" said the onee-san. "I'm Harada Misaki, you can call me Misaki-senpai!"

My welcoming party?

I was amazed by the atmosphere in this classroom and the fact that there are food and desserts on the table that was all prepared for me. It feels just like home to me.

"We don't have many kids in this class, so all of us are very close like family!" Misaki-senpai continued.

I'm a little nervous but happy at the same time! I'm surrounded by many senpais in this class, it's such a warm feeling.

"Nice to meet you, kouhai-chan!" said a senpai.

"Y-yoroshiku, senpai.." I said.

"What's your name?" asked another senpai.

"Um... Akayuki Suminako, but you can call me Sumi-chan..." I said.

"Kouhai-chan! do you want to eat this? It's delicious!" A senpai handed me a bowl of oyakodon.

"U-um..." I nervously clung to Tsubasa-nii as more and more people started to bombard me with questions.

"Guys, you're scaring her!" said Tsubasa-nii.

"Aw, how come you're getting the new girl's liking?" asked one of the senpais.

"Heh! that's because I'm her 'nii-chan', right? Sumi-chan?" he looked at me.

I smiled and nodded.

"Tch, lucky guy!" said the senpai.

"Don't worry, they know I'm just kidding," Tsubasa-nii whispered to me.

"But y'know... she's really cute like the rumors say! No wonder they call her the new 'Goddess' of the academy..." said another senpai as everyone looked at me in awe.

It's starting to get kind of embarrassing that I keep getting looks here and there wherever I go.

"But hey! Welcome to special, Sumi-chan! We're a class of weirdos, and we're proud to be called weird!" said the senpai.

"That's right! We can do and say anything we want, that's why we're weirdos! 'Freedom' is Special's motto, y'know! Don't bother about what the others think or say about you, because we exist to be happy and have fun in any way possible!" said Tsubasa-nii.

Yeah... jii-chan, I think that I've finally found a place I can call home in this academy.

I've been writing letters to jii-chan ever since my first day here, of course, I didn't forget about him. Although I've only been here for a week, I feel like my life from now on is only going to get even better!

"Ne... Misaki-senpai, where's the teacher in charge?" I asked while taking a sip of the drink.

This drink tastes so weird...

I didn't like the taste of the drink so I put it on the table and leave it there.

"Oh, Nodachii? well, we're not exactly sure either. He's like a time machine, his Alice is time traveling. He's usually flying to the past or the future, he's seldom here. But he does tell us interesting tales though!" said Misaki-senpai as she drinks the weird drink from her cup.

"Oh, it seems like I'm back in the present. Hey, who's this girl?" A person appears right beside me which made me startled.

"NODACCHI!!!" Everyone yelled in sync and jumped at him.