Chapter 3 - My Alice

"I knew it. Sumi-chan is alive," A woman with long hair smiled to herself as she looks at a huge screen that has an indicator pinpointing at a location. The huge screen shows the map of Gakuen Alice, and it is currently screening the Nothern Forest.

The indicator is slowly moving towards the entrance of the Nothern Forest.

The woman then walked into a portal of some sort that leads to somewhere unknown.

Suminako's POV

"Let go!" I exclaimed.

The group of girls from yesterday decided to drag me inside this huge forest because of what happened yesterday. No matter how hard I struggled, I couldn't break free from their grips.

"You got really lucky that Natsume-kun was there to save you. This is your punishment for being cocky," said the girl with the curls.

"Natsume-kun isn't here to save you now!" said another girl. They all started to giggle while continuing to drag me on my knees because I refused to go where they're trying to take me to. The ground is hard and there are bits of rock and sands here and there, it's like my knees are being sanded because I could feel the skin of my knees coming off. They were hurting a lot.

They tossed me onto the ground after dragging me for a certain distance before leaving.

"Just so you know, no one dares to come here. This forest is full of monsters and stuff, I'd be amazed if you made it out like Zeka did when she first came here," said the girl with curls while laughing with everyone else.

I wanted to force myself to get up and follow after them, but my knees were in great pain. The skin has already been scraped off, revealing the flesh of my knees. There is also blood all over my knees. I had no choice but to rest on the ground for a bit since it's hard for me to move with all this pain.

After a good ten minutes, my knees were still stinging, but I forced myself to get up and walk for a bit. It wasn't long until I found a pond with clean water. I decided to wash off the blood on my knees a couple of times until I made sure it's clean. I got up again and walked, this time I found a small wooden house.

"Hello?" I knocked on the door. I was sure someone lives in this house since I can see smoke is coming out from the chimney. I only wanted to know if I could borrow some bandages to wrap my knees with to make it easier for me to walk faster.

There was no answer. I tried to open the door only to find that it is actually unlocked. I went inside and looked around for some bandages, and found them in a medkit. Although the appearance of the house seemed small, there were stairs leading to a second floor. This situation kind of reminds me of Goldilocks and The Three Bears.

Little did I know my thoughts were true when I noticed a Bear was standing by the door with a broom in its hands. We made eye contact for a moment before the Bear left and came back inside with an axe in its hands.

"C-Chotto matte! I swear I'm not Goldilocks! I didn't steal anything from your house! I only took some bandages from your medkit!" I exclaimed.

The Bear didn't budge one bit and came at me with the axe, I got lucky enough that the axe missed me and got stuck on a wall. I somehow managed to slip out of that house and ran further inside the forest. After a bit of running, I slowed my pace because I was starting to run out of breath.

"Hm?" I felt my foot stepping on something.

Natsume's POV

BOOM!