chpt 1

"Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance."

Omniscient POV

Omniscient POV

Anura leaned against the door frame as she watched the man she grown to love sleep soundly, her mind drifted off as she started wondering what could've gone wrong between them.
Dave and Anura have been together for five years now, everything was going wonderfully between them, it was complete bliss for Anura and then suddenly something changed.
One moment Dave would shower Anura with love and affection and then the next he became abusive and would make her feel so unwanted.

There was no communication between them, Anura feels as though she's the only one who was fighting the most to save their relationship, she was deeply in love with that man and she won't allow herself to let him go, even through all the abuse she still held on.
Dave hasn't even look at her the same in 3 years, she has a feeling that he stopped loving her a long time ago but she didn't want to believe that just yet.
She thought, maybe if she tried harder he'd love her again like he used to.

Anura thought if she changed her appearance and lost some weight he'd feel attracted to her again, she'd go days starving herself to lose weight, use a huge amount of makeup, wear revealing clothing around him all because she wanted to feel sexy to him, she's given up her social life and relationships with people she considered family for him just to please him but whatever she'd do never worked, Dave would still look at her with those cold eyes.

Dave would jab her heart with rude remarks about how she was to fat, to dark, to ugly completely destroying her self esteem, he belittled her every chance he got.
They haven't had real intimacy in over a year, Anura was at her breaking point, she didn't know what to do to save her relationship, she didn't want to give up on him. Anura has tried many times bringing up questions as to why they ended up like this and each time Dave would ignore her or change the subject, so she never brought it up again and just let it go.

All Anura ever wanted was someone she could call hers, someone who loved her genuinely and was infatuated with her, the sooner she had that the sooner it was gone.

She wishes she could vent her problems to someone but the only person she could talk to about her situation is Ping, nobody knows what goes on between Dave and her behind closed doors, people think that they are a perfect couple who are deeply in love but in reality it's a one sided relationship filled with verbal and physical abuse.

"What are you looking at?" Anura broke away from her thoughts and looked at Dave who was staring back at her, she quickly looked away from him and turned around.

"Nothing." She said lowly and then walked back downstairs, every time Dave would look at her Anura would get nervous immediately because in her head whenever Dave's eyes were on her she'd think about how he thought she was hideous and fat, she didn't want his judging eyes to look at her.

Anura went downstairs to prepare him breakfast, even though Dave can be harsh she still does her duties as his girlfriend, she always caters to his every need.

She decided to cook his favorite breakfast just to brighten his morning, an hour later she was finally done, she cooked his favorite strawberry waffles, scrabbled eggs, maple bacon, sausages, fruit bowl, and orange juice.

She smiled at the table hoping that'd he'd appreciate what she's done for him. A few minutes after she's done cooking she heard his footsteps going down the stairs.

"Hey I cooked you br-"

"I'm not hungry, I got to get going." Anura' heart sank as she watched him grab his keys from the key bowl and walk, she followed him.

"But I slaved over the stove cooking your favorite meal-"  Dave raised his hand as if he was about to smack her, Anura flinched and took a step back.

"Look I'm gonna be late for work I'll see you when I get out." He adjusted his tie and opened the door.

"Okay... I- I love you." Dave ignored her and walked out the house leaving Anura at home to sulk in her own self pity.

Dave knew about his own actions but he had his own reasons behind it.

Anura felt a huge lump in her throat as she walked back into the kitchen, she looked at the food on the island table, she couldn't even eat at the moment because she lost her appetite.
She went upstairs and entered her room, she walked inside her closet and got on her knees, she opened the bottom drawer and dug her hand in for her secret compartment, she took out a purple book that she kept hidden from Dave ever since their relationship went haywire, this book was her diary.

Anura had know one to speak about her problems with due to fearing being judged and scolded to change her ways, she didn't want people to hate Dave for his actions.

She looked at the cursive imprint on the book that read "Ping", Ping is the name Anura's grandfather used to call her when she was little, since Anura didn't have anyone to speak to about her feelings she started writing to her younger self as a way to cope with her problems.

She took out a pen from the compartment and leaned her back against the wall, she lifted up her knees and placed the book on her lap, she opened it to an empty page and began pouring out her heart.

Tears began to trickle down her eyes wetting the pages of her diary, Anura was in so much pain but nobody knew about the struggles she's facing due to masking her problems with a smile and a "I'm okay."

Ping was her happy self, and she wished she could go back to those times where she was genuinely happy.