chp.28

Anura's POV

"Remember your birthday three years ago.."

*Flashback*

It was February 20th Dave's birthday, I was in our bedroom getting ready, I couldn't contain myself I was to excited to spend time with him on his birthday, I was so giddy that I struggled to put on my earrings, this year I went all out for him, At first I planned on giving him a surprise party at the house and invite his friend but I wanted him to have even more fun and let loose so I rented a VIP section in the infamous club diamond just for him and invited almost everyone he was cool with, I wanted tonight to be special for him, he was turning big 23 after all.

After I was done I slipped on my heels and stared at my outfit in the mirror, I wore a black midi see through dress with tiny diamond encrusted on them, I searched high and low for the perfect dress tonight, I wanted his eyes only on me, I smiled at the mirror hoping that he'd love the dress as much as I did, I grabbed my tote purse and belongings then left out our bedroom and went down the stairs where he was waiting for me, I smiled brightly once he noticed me going down the stairs but my smile quickly subsided when I saw the look he had on his face.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" He asked looking at me with a disgusted look, I frowned at him.

"Y- You don't like it?" I asked sadly, he shook his head.

"Hell naw, are you out of your mind? You really thought I was going to let you walk out this house looking like some hoe off the streets?" My frowned deepened his words were pretty harsh, I looked down at my feet, I didn't want to disappoint him so I quickly turned around and told him I would change my clothes, I went back upstairs and entered my closet looking for something different to wear, I was hoping that he'd like this dress I bought it for him after all, but I wasn't going to question him, I looked at myself in the mirror once again before changing my outfit, he was right I did look a little slutty in this dress.

I found another dress and slid it on, it was pink and match my skin perfectly, I knew pink was Dave's favorite color, so I hoped he likes this dress, I left out the room and went down stairs again, going down these steps in heels were killing my f...

I found another dress and slid it on, it was pink and match my skin perfectly, I knew pink was Dave's favorite color, so I hoped he likes this dress, I left out the room and went down stairs again, going down these steps in heels were killing my feet, I entered the living where Dave was seated I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Do you like it?" I asked twirling around for him, I stopped once I realized he was mean mugging me again, I let out another sigh.

"Are you trying to embarrass me?" He asked standing up swiftly, I felt my heart jump slightly at his sudden movement, I started to fiddle with my fingers, I shook my head at his question.