chp.14

Anura's POV

I stared at Dave deep in thought, last night took a turn for the worst, I went from having an amazing night with Neal to waking up screaming from a nightmare I thought I gotten rid of, luckily Dave was there to wake me up and reassure me that everything was okay, last night I slept in his arms which was rare moment we shared together that seems to be happening quite often, I didn't really want to sleep in his arms mainly because he reeked of alcohol and another women's scent but I was to exhausted to pull away.

It seems like I've gotten to a point in my life where I really don't care who he's fucking with behind my back, it doesn't hurt as much like it used to when I'd smell another females scent on him, I think it's because I've gotten so numb to the pain that I don't even feel it anymore.

Dave caught me staring and winked at me, I gave him a stank face and quickly looked away, he was acting strange today, when I was putting Ping away safely back into its secret spot he complimented me which he never does.

"You look nice." Is what he said, it was almost cringe worthy to hear him say it.

"Hey I'm heading out to the studio." Dave said, I looked at him and said nothing, I didn't really care anymore where he went or what he does, it was none of my business nor any of my concern, he can do him and I'm going to do me.

I heard the front door click and slam close, once again I was left alone in the house with nothing but my thoughts, my mind suddenly started shifting back to the dream I had last night, I wouldn't necessarily say it's was scary more like really upsetting since the situation was a very sensitive issue.

I dreamt about my grandfather, ever since he died I've separated myself from my family completely, I hardly speak to them nor do I visit them, I'm so distant because if I got visit my family it'll be weird, I'll know in the back of my head that someone is missing, that someone is my grandfather and I just don't like being constantly reminded that he's not here with us, when I would go see my family my granddad would always be there waiting for me, he was my best friend.

Just seeing my grandfather lying on the cold ground in a pool of his own blood with his eyes open frightened me, it was strange because he died due to natural causes and just seeing him the way he was in my dream shook me up badly, I shivered and shook my head ridding my mind of those terrible thoughts.

I got up from my seat and went to go grab something to eat, while I was walking to the kitchen I heard my house phone ringing, I quickly walked to it and answered the phone not bothering looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Anura bitch?" I immediately recognized Jessie's smooth masculine voice and smiled brightly.

"Heyyy biiitch!" I said through the phone, it was our typical way of greeting each other.

"Girl I miss you so much! We need to hang out like right now."

"Right now?" I asked hesitant, I didn't really feel like leaving the house today but at the same time I don't wanna be coped up in this damn house all day, plus I haven't seen Jessie in what feels like forever and I miss him so much.

"Okay fine, where are you trying to go." I asked, I hope out to eat because I'm starving.

"Let's go get brunch and after that let's hit the mall."