chp.27

Dave's POV

I entered the semi crowded bar looking around for an empty seat, once I found one in a more secluded area I walked over to it and went to take a seat, I didn't know why I was here specifically but a drink could really help clear and numb my head a little, finding out that I suffer from BPD doesn't sit right with me, it doesn't make any sense, I mean I feel perfectly fine, I never had any complicated mental issues growing up, why is it now that this is happening to me, I don't know how to feel about this mental illness.

I sighed and laid my head down against my palms, what Ms.Lee  said really got me thinking though, I used to think that the reason I hit Anura is because she knew exactly how to piss me off, all she had to do was try and leave me but in reality the real reason I hit her is because that's the only way I knew how to prevent her from leaving, telling her that I'd kill her if she ever attempted to leave was absolutely sick and I feel disgusted with myself, at first when I did start hitting her I felt bad but now that I kept on doing it I got so used to it that I stopped feeling guilty.

I kept on pushing her away all while I thought doing this was only keeping her closer to me, I'm such an idiot, now she wants nothing to do with me, thinking back I really did put her through to much. I lifted up my head but quickly swiped my cheek when I felt a tear drop run down my cheek, I looked at my finger, this was the first time I've ever cried over her.

"Excuse me can I have another drink?" I heard a familiar voice say in a booth, I peered my head out of the booth I was seated in and noticed Anura sitting a few seats down in her work clothes, she had at least 3 bottles of beer on her table and looked very disgruntled, I quickly got up from my seat and walked over to her.
"Ma'am you're drunk I can't continue giving-" I cut the waitress off.

"It's okay you don't have to bring her another drink." I told her, she nodded at me and walked away, I took a seat next to her and she glared at me.

"Why is it that every time I turn around you're always there?" She slurred, I slightly smiled.

"Maybe it's destiny." I said shrugging, she scoffed and rolled her eyes, I stared at her and smiled brightly, it felt so refreshing to see her again, I didn't realize how deeply I missed her until I sat in front of her, she looked a bit stressed out, probably why she was drinking this much, she hates alcohol and the only time she ever drinks it is if she's stressed.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried.

"I'm fine absolutely woooonderful." She said drawling while twirling her fingers, I noticed she rubbed her earring stud as she spoke which tells me she's lying, when she lies she always plays with her earrings, I always found that habit of hers to be cute, I smiled again, I placed my elbow on the table and reached out for her hand that was touching her diamond earring.

"I know you're lying Anura." She snatched her hands away and placed it on lap, she frowned at me, I watched her attempt to get up but quickly sat back down.

"Whew I feel dizzy." Anura placed her hands on her temple and began rubbing it, I didn't like seeing her this way, all intoxicated, it reminded me of myself, how Id use alcohol as an escape every time I'd be in one of my moods, I don't understand why I am here right now knowing Alcohol played a great deal in my abusive ways, I frowned deeply as I continued to stare at her.

"Do you want some water? I'll go get you some." I got up from my seat and walked towards the bar to ask for some water, in the corner of my eyes I see Anura getting up and bolting towards the front door, I turned back around and quickly followed behind her, was she using the excuse of feeling "dizzy" to get me to leave?