chp.15 part 1

Omniscient POV

Jessie stared at Anura in complete shock as she explained to him what occurred last night, he couldn't believe that Neal had the nerve to kiss her knowing that she is in a very committed relationship with Dave, it came off surprising at first but then as he allowed the situation to simmer he realizes that it's some typical shit Neal would've done, he's practically in love with Anura the way he always acts around her at work, Jessie always has to be the one to put him in check about keeping his boundaries and being professional about the work place.
Jessie doesn't have anything against Neal if anything he thinks that Anura and him would actually be a cute couple.

"Did you like the kiss?" Jessie asked squinting at her, he wouldn't be surprised if she did like the kiss, Neal does seem like he's a pretty good kisser.

"To be honest with you.... I did." Jessie exclaimed loudly catching everyone's attention in the restaurant, Anura cheeks began to warm up at the embarrassment, she didn't know what she was embarrassed about, it was either telling Jessie that she liked the kiss Neal and her shared or him yelling so loudly in front of everyone.

"Shhh keep your voice down."

"Girl I'm sorry it's just-" he snorted." I'm not surprised but how could you like the kiss when your with Dave, I thought you were madly in love with him." Jessie said causing Anura to scoff, her being madly in love with him was a complete lie, she's not even sure if she still loves him, the facial expression on Anura's face didn't set right with him, he placed his fork down and stared at Anura.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make that noise, and you gave me a disgusted look."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did stop lying to me." Jessie said, Anura bit her lip and stayed quiet, she's never told Jessie that Dave and her haven't been in a good place in their relationship for years, she never told him because she doesn't want him to be worried.

"Me and Dave aren't on good terms right now, that's all." She said not wanting to get further into her love life.

"Why what happened?" Anura mentally rolled her eyes, she was enjoying her time and hated when Dave was always brought up into the conversation, she absolutely hated talking about him, there was a time where she actually loved when he was brought up, because she enjoyed telling people how good of a man he was to her, her face would always light up when she talked about him but now it just darkens and turns into a scowl which is what Jessie started noticing when he would say Dave's name.

"I don't really want to talk about it, maybe some other time." She said, Jessie nodded not wanting to pry any further, he's learned that when it comes to Anura she doesn't easily open up to people, she'll only do it on her own terms.
After that they shifted away from that topic and talked about something else, once they were done with their food they both equally paid the bill and walked down town hand in hand to one of the shopping stores, they entered the store together and started looking through the racks, they showed one another what would look good on each other and tried them on.

"Ouu these heels are cute." Anura said picking up red bottom, Jessie picked up the other heel and stared at it in awe.

"Sometimes I wish I was a female, I know I'd definitely rock these heels."