Abandonment

Dave's POV

I stared at the Newton's cradle across the room, each metal ball would make a clicking noise once they came in contact with each other, it was kind of soothing, it helped calmed my nerves, I looked around my therapist room and sighed, I couldn't believe I was actually here doing this, but I promised Anura that I would change, I'm not only doing this for her but I'm also doing it for myself, I need to find the root of my problems, the root of my anger.

I heard the door behind me click, I turned my head and saw a women in professional attire stroll into the room, she flashed a bright smile at me and raised her hand for me to shake." Good evening I'm Ms Lee, You must be Mr. Miller how are you?" I gave her a crooked smile and shook her hand.

"I'm fine thanks, and you?" I asked being polite but quiet frankly I didn't give a damn.

"Wonderful!" She said with a bright smile, I tried my hardest not to look at her weirdly, she was to happy and I was immediately regretting coming to her.

"What's seems to be the problem?" She said reaching for a note pad and a pen, I let out a small breath and leaned forward, placed my elbows on my knee, I didn't really know where to begin with this session since it was my first time being here.

I stayed quiet for a second, the sound of the Newton's cradle started to get annoying now."Can you please stop the cradle." I said pointing to it.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry-" She got up and stopped the cradles movement, she went back to her seat in front of me.

"Thanks... umm, I don't know where to begin." I said truthfully to her.

"It's okay you could always start from the beginning, and please take your time." She said and I nodded, I let out a frustrated sigh and started to think about where to start in the beginning and then Anura's image popped up in my head and I started to smile.

"5 years ago I met this girl, I remember... God I remember thinking she was the most beautiful girl in the world-" I said with a bright smile." I remember being so In love with her back then, she was my everything."

"Mhmm and what changed?" Lee asked while writing something down on the notepad, I looked at it then back at her.

I shrugged." I don't know, shit happens."

"Well that's not true Mr. Miller, there's always a reason to everything, why did you stop loving her?"

"I mean don't get me wrong a part of me still cares for her and I surprisingly still have a sweet spot for her but I don't love her like I used to." I said truthfully.

"Hmm, okay lets shift to something else, we'll get back to that topic-" I nodded at her." Okay so what's your relationship like with your family?" She asked, I raised my brow at her.

"Why're you asking? Is it because you think my relationship with my family is the reason why I'm the way I am to her?"

"Usually Mr. Miller when a person has a certain issue, it always connects back to their relationship with their family, it's very likely which is why I'm asking you."

"Well you're wrong, I don't have any family members, I lost my parents before I could even learn to talk." I rubbed my hands in my face, I never really spoken about it much, only to Anura once in the beginning of our relationship, I don't really like talking about my situation and my past because it still kind of pains me to know how quickly I lost my parents, they never got to see the most important things that have happened in my life, like me opening up my first dealership, or getting to see me perform for the first time, they missed a lot.