chpt.13

Neal's POV

The car ride back to Anura's house was silent and agonizing, she was ignoring me the whole time and it was complete torture, I wanted to talk to her and bring up what happened but I feared that it would worsen the situation so I stayed quiet, I didn't need her being more upset, I knew I should've just kept my hands to myself but I couldn't help it, the way she looked at me sparked something in me, I craved the feel of her lips against mine.
A small part of me was kind of glad that I did it, her lips were so soft and thick, I wanted to feel more of it.

I looked over to wear she was seated, her arms were wrapped around her body as she laid her head against the window, I couldn't tell if she was sleeping or not because her hair was blocking her face, which she purposely did so I wouldn't look at her, the ride to her house was 20 minutes long and it was the most depressing 20 minutes ever, once I finally made it to her home I stopped my car in her driveway.

"Anura?" I called her name but she didn't move, I stayed still for a good minute contemplating if I should wake her up so we could talk, I sighed and finally got out the car, I went around it to the passenger side and opened her door, I bent down a little to get on her level, I stared at her as she slept, she even looked pretty while sleeping.

Her lips were puckered into a small pout it was absolutely adorable, I smiled and brushed her hair out her face which caused her to stir a little in her sleep, she finally opened her eyes and looked at me." Hey sleepy head." I said to her, she looked away from me and looked around.

She yawned while speaking."Ugh finally home." She said stretching.

"Yep." I said, I moved out of her way so she could get out the car, I was conflicted at this point because I didn't really know whether or not I should address the situation.

"I had fun tonight, thanks." She surprisingly wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me, I hugged her back placing my cheek against her head, I didn't want to let her go, Anura began pulling away but I stopped her.

"I'm really sorry about what I did, I hope you're not upset with me." I said with a small pout, she began to giggle loudly.

"I'm serious." I told her." I feel bad." I said crossing my arms, she shook her head and lifted her arms wrapping it around my neck, I looked down at her face it looked like she was about to kiss me but instead she pulled me into another hug.

"Neal I had an amazing night." She said against my neck." But I'm with Dave and you need to respect our relationship okay?" She pulled away and waited for my answer, I thought about what she said and eventually nodded.

"Okay." I said with a sigh, I was ready to turn around but she grabbed my wrist stopping me, she hugged me again but this time thanking me, she let me go and told me goodbye walking to her front door and unlocked it, she opened the door and waved goodbye to me, I smiled at her and waved back getting into my car, I know she told me to respect her relationship but that wasn't going to happen one bit, her relationship with Dave was pretty weird, I knew she didn't love him for sure, I'm still very determined to make her mine, I like a challenge anyways.

Anura's POV

Once I entered my house I closed the door behind me and leaned my back against it, I raised my hand and touched the lips Neal kissed, it felt weird being kissed by someone who wasn't Dave even though that man hasn't kissed me in years, it felt surprisingly nice though, I haven't had that kind of human contact in such a long time that I forgotten what it's like. It was pretty shocking when he kissed me and I didn't know how to react to it, I didn't know whether I should've just slap him or kiss him back, although a part of me very much wanted to but I couldn't because I knew if I did the guilt would kill me, Dave cheats on me who knows how many times but I'd never stoop so low as to doing the same to him, I don't know maybe because I still respect our relationship enough to not do it.