Chpt.24

Dave's POV

*long chapter*

A month later...

It's been a month since I've last seen Anura, I given up searching for her and threw myself into my work to distract me from her, it helped but at times I'd find myself thinking about her, I didn't bother putting out that persons missing report because I'm sure that she's doing fine, she just needs some time to clear her head and then afterwards she'll be right back into my arms again. As much as I don't want to admit it I miss her like crazy and these feelings were driving me insane, I think it's because of how long we've been apart, I'm so used to always coming home whether later hours or after absent days and Anura would be there waiting for me with my favorite home cooked meals and a clean house.

I mean I could get those things from Ai but she's not the best at it like Anura, Anura offered things a man would want in a wife but I could never see myself marrying her, I wasn't ready for that kind of commitment, she wasn't my soul mate, but she is someone I've grown fondly of and that's why I'm so attached.
Anura to me is like a phone, you're used to it everyday and when it's not with you, you feel weird and feel like something is missing.

I've spent a lot of time thinking, mostly because once I get home from work I'm left alone with my thoughts, I know my feelings for her may not be as strong as it was in the beginning of our relationship but I still have a sweet spot for her, at times that women would drive me completely nuts but she'd only do it because she cared, and I realize that now, even after everything I did to her she'd still come back to me and still love me.

I've thought about going to see a therapist and figuring a way to handle my anger issues, I want to prove to her that I can change, I haven't found the right moment to actually go through with that plan because I don't want to do it and then it ends up being all for nothing.

I heard my phone go off loudly, it was an alert from my new camera system I connected my house to last week, I put it in due to my once quiet neighborhood suddenly becoming a neighborhood filled with thieves, I unlocked my phone and went to the app, I clicked on the surveillance camera and looked through all the small boxes that had a recording of what's going on around my place, one section in particular caught my attention.

A women was looking around my porch, I couldn't really tell who it was due to her wearing a black jacket but when she looked up I felt my heart do a flip, it was Anura she must be searching for the house key, I quickly got up and grabbed my belongs from my office and quickly walked out the building all while keeping my eyes latched to my phone.

I needed to get home in time before she leaves, I wanted to talk to her, see how she's doing, I got in my car and drove out the parking lot of my empire and sped through traffic thankful that there wasn't to many cars out and to my luck I kept on passing green lights never once had to stay at a red light.
I arrived at home in less than 15 minutes, I got out the car and noticed my front door was left ajar, she must've found the key, I walked to the door quietly and entered the house, as I make my way to the stairs I stop in my tracks when I see Anura half way down the steps, our eyes lock immediately she looked at me in fright and quickly dropped her bags running back upstairs.

I heard one of the doors slam close, I followed her upstairs pushing her bags filled with clothes to the side of the stairs, at the top I made my way down the hallway opening every door until I made it to one of the bathrooms upstairs, I touched the doorknob and jiggled it to check if it was locked and it was, I pressed my ear to the door and heard Anura softly crying.