chp.26

Anura's POV

I felt my phone vibrate in my pants I pulled it out and turned it on, it was a text from Dave, I rolled my eyes and turned my phone off not bothering to look at the messages, he's been texting me non-stop ever since he put his number on my phone, he never had this same energy with me before, I sighed and continued to walk alongside the pathway of the hospital, I was going to my car to get Neal his files, I turned my head when I heard the loud blaring noise of the ambulance pulling up to the entrance, I stopped in my tracks when I saw two men quickly jump out, one of them turned around and yelled for me to come over here and help, I nodded my head and rushed over to them.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"She's not breath!" The women paramedic said, I couldn't get a good view of the person but when I finally did and looked down I realized that it was my mother, I gasped covering my mouth.

"M- mom?" I suddenly felt weak, frightened to the core as I moved with the paramedics into the hospital." Mom?! Mom???." I felt tears begin to stream my face as I stared down at her unconscious body, my nerves were at an all time high since she wouldn't wake up to me calling her name.

Everything went quiet and fast around me as her body was being pushed in on the gurney, I continued to call her name and shaking, I don't know why I did it, I just thought it would help, I felt my body being pulled back and I watched my moms body pushed into the ER." Anura? Anura!? What's wrong??" Jessie asked me as he rushed over to me, he was wiping my cheeks and by now I didn't even realized how hard I was crying.

I couldn't speak, I was having trouble talking, I looked around my area and everyone was staring at me, I quickly covered my face feelings so overwhelmed, but when I heard a familiar voice asking a question I uncovered my eyes, I looked up and it was my sister and dad at the front desk, I ran over to them.

"Luna what happened?!" I asked finally being able to find my voice, she looked at me with tear filled eyes and with quivering lips she responded back to me.

"I - I found her on the floor unconscious, I tried to find a pulse but I couldn't." I felt my heart break in two, I knew my mom had medical problems but they've stopped happening for a very long time, I thought she was okay and doing fine, why is this happening now?
Everything was finally going good in my life and it seems that I can't ever catch a break.

I looked over at my dad, he was dead silent, he didn't even bother looking at me, he just continued to stare at the door my mom was in, I walked towards him and gave him a hug, I needed the comfort, he wrapped his arms around me tightly, this was the first time in a long time that I've ever received this kind of affection from my dad.

I wiped my cheeks." Please guys take a seat, I'm sure she'll be fine." They nodded and walked towards the waiting room, I turned around and went to look for Neal but instead I ended up bumping into someone." Anura are you okay?"

"N- no my moms in there fighting for her life." Those words pained me so much as i said them, I didn't realize it now but she really was fighting for her life, I felt completely awful, Neal wrapped his arms around me and embraced me, and I tried so hard not to just ball out against his chest, I held in my tears as best as I could. 

"Don't worry, I'm assigned to your mom, I'll save her." Neal said, I looked up at him, he smiled at me and wiped my damp cheeks.