Land of the Living

Baekhyun winced at the sight of the blaring infirmary lights above him, their gentle humming ringing in his ears.

His vision was suddenly filled with the faces of his friends, their hands against their lips as they stared down at him with tears trailing down their cheeks.

Their hair was all over the place, sticking up in various directions as if they had pulled on it relentlessly. The faces of his omega friends blinked down at him, smiles spreading along their lips as they welcomed him back to the land of the living.

Their voices muffled into one loud overwhelming sound, Baekhyun assumed that they were desperate to hear about what happened but he discarded telling them.

Instead he pushed himself up with the help of his forearms, his legs heavy as he tried to stand up by himself. He felt Minseok and Tao rush to hold him up, to at least aid Baekhyun to stabilise himself.

But the vampire pulled himself away from them, baring his fangs at them which caused the group to back down especially when they noticed how brightly coloured Baekhyun's eyes were.

The group dispersed, moving to the other side of the room. Some sat themselves down on the end of the infirmary beds, watching through their tear-filled eyes as Baekhyun made his way to the bed right next to the one in which he had woken up from.

His eyes coursed over Chanyeol's figure, starting from his bright silver locks and cascading down until his feet. He noticed that neither of them were wearing shoes which could only mean that they had been taken off just shortly after they entered their coma-like state. Baekhyun raised his hand and gently ran his fingers down his soulmate's cheek, smiling ever so slightly when he felt the heat radiating from his skin.

A black design caught Baekhyun's attention as his eyes continued to watch over his mate, moving his hand lower the vampire's breath hitched when he noticed that the black mark he had seen was actually Chanyeol's identification mark gifted to him the day he attacked Daehyun in order to protect Baekhyun.

The vampire quickly checked his own, smiling brightly when he noticed that it too had appeared on the band of his wrist.

It was final.

The curse had been broken.

"Come on giant," Baekhyun whispered, lowering himself down so that he could be closer to his soulmate's ear. He allowed their fingers to curl together so that once Chanyeol awoke he would see him first. "it's time to get up."

A single groan filled the air, Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowing together in the centre of his forehead. Baekhyun watched as his mate slowly opened his eyes, his lower lip dropping to find words. "Well that fucking hurt."

The vampire let out a laugh, nodding his head in understanding. He allowed his mate to take a moment to collect himself, after all Chanyeol had suffered a lot more than Baekhyun had in his process of waking up.

Not only was he overwhelmed with the memories of his past lives, but he was also plagued with the voices and darkness that came after having absorbed the Kroan's power source.

Still when it became obvious that Chanyeol wanted to leave the bed, Baekhyun offered to help him sit himself up. Together they rose from the mattress, their eyes trained on the boys who stared at them in a mixture of shock and horror.

"Are you guys okay?" Kyungsoo wondered, blinking back the tears in his eyes.

Baekhyun noticed his best friend's neck was covered in his own power symbol, which led him to believe that something had happened while they were away.

"We're fine," Chanyeol took it upon himself to answer, knowing how hesitant his mate was now that he knew what had happened in their first life. The Alpha forced his hand free from his mate's tight grip and instead decided to wrap it around the smaller's waist, which earned him a content hum in return. "I see that some things changed while we were gone."