Stake your claim

The castle was bustling about with servants and butlers rushing from room to room carrying various belongings and decorations for the special union that was taking place in the castle's gardens, it was going to be a beautiful day and the talk of the entire planet. 

"Good morning Baekhyun!" Suho's chirpy voice ran through Baekhyun's room, his bright smile challenging the sun that was creeping through the window near the bookcase. "How are you doing this special day?" 

"Like my heart is going to jump out of my chest any minute" the omega admitted nervously fiddling with his fingers that had been pulling at the loose threads of his jumper, it looked as though he hadn't sleep much. Thankfully the omega didn't have any bags under his eyes so that was going to help the rest of the omega's get their close friend ready for the ceremony. "this day is going to mean a lot to so many people Suho, am I really able to do this?" 

"Yes" the elder grinned, stepping closer and pressing his palms against Baekhyun's shoulders. "you can do this Baekhyun, you've been waiting for this day since you turned eighteen. Both you and Chanyeol deserve to have this day, it's going to mean a lot more to the both of you then the rest of your people." 

"I've dreamed of this day, you know?" Baekhyun whispered, looking up from the ground and straight at Suho whose heart cracked seeing the unshed tears. "Although I was too young to dream of the face of my mate, I still dreamed of this process. Where we allowed ourselves to have complete devotion to each other, where we gave ourselves to one another. Yet now that I'm living it, it feels so unreal." 

"That's only because you haven't seen Chanyeol yet" Suho reassured the omega who was more than likely getting cold feet, which was to be expected. "the second your eyes lock, nothing else will matter. It will just be the two of you, in your own world that you both created in that moment." 

"Okay" Baekhyun sniffed, straighting his head and giving himself a nod of encouragement. "I can do this, you can bring in the other's now. I'm sure that they're as excited as I am!" 

"You heard that guys!" Suho shouted towards the doorway, the other omega's heads popped up from both sides of the threshold. They each had a broad smile on their lips as they each rushed into the room with Kyungsoo staying back to close the door to make sure that there was no sneaky Alpha lurking in the hallways. 

One by one the omega's offered their congratulations to their friend, many of them had shed a tear in Baekhyun's honor. What was happening today was going to be life-changing for them as well as Baekhyun and the kingdom, the entire event would be watched by many and told of by many more. It was scary that was true but they knew Baekhyun and Chanyeol would be able to go through it like it was second nature, after all it was a common thing for the both of them. 

After sometime reminiscing on their first days together, the omega's were interrupted by a series of knocks on Baekhyun's door. Tao had jumped up to investigate keeping in mind to open the door only slightly so that no-one saw Baekhyun since it was against their planet's traditions. When Tao let out a giggle and the door was pushed open all the way Baekhyun knew that the guest would be welcomed, standing in the doorway of his bedroom Baekhyun stared into the eyes of his father. 

"I unlike many other's am allowed to see my son before the ceremony" Joonwoo smiled walking the rest of the way into the room and approaching his son and his friend who each welcomed him with warm smiles on their faces. "have the jitters happened yet?" 

"Yes" Suho answered for everyone, his eyes trailing to Baekhyun whose face had blushed bright red. " but he realised that the ceremony won't be as scary as he makes it out to be."