He didn't do it!

Baekhyun felt tears well up in his eyes after reading through the letter his father had sent him in regards to the untimely death of his older brothers. According to the letter, a plague had taken refuge on their village effecting almost everyone. To Baekhyun's utter sadness the disease had appeared and disappeared almost as quickly as the lives of the people that it had affected, his father being one of the lucky few that survived the outbreak. 

"Baekhyun?" the king wondered looking down the table at the young omega, his eyes blown wide in surprise as he noticed the tears streaming down the young wolves face. "what happened my dear boy?" 

"Baek?" Kyungsoo gasped, turning away from his own letter to face his best friend. Baekhyun allowed the wolf to pull his letter from his hand and embrace him tightly in comfort, his shaking torso being clutched between Kyungsoo's warm arms. 

Daehyun reached over and plucked the letter from the table, his wide eyes curious as he scanned through the writing without the young owner's consent. His loud whimper took up the room as his father slapped the back of his head in anger, his lower lip being taken between his teeth as to avoid shouting and scaring the crying omega before them. 

"Baekhyun" Chanyeol's voice was soft as he stood up from his seat across from his brother, he placed his hand down on the young wolf's shoulder and leaned down as that they were eye level with one another. "what happened?" 

"C-chanyeol!" the boy sobbed, looking up at the Alpha with fresh tears applying themselves on his cheeks. Kyungsoo was gently brushed to the side as Chanyeol slipped into his place, his arms becoming the younger's comfort as he sobbed for a moment more. When he was certain that he was able to breath again Baekhyun allowed himself to sit back in his chair, his chest heaving up and down as he tried to relax himself as best as he could. "it's my brothers, they're all dead." 

"Oh sweetheart" Suho gasped, looking at the young wolf with wide eyes his hand held close to his mouth in utter shock. The Alphas were stunned beyond words and Daehyun was already out of his chair shouting orders to the staff of the palace. Both the King and Queen shared a glance between them, no words needing to be spoken of the horrible tragedy that befell the young Light pack member. The Omega's went into uproar, demanding that Baekhyun be sent home at once in order for him to grief with his father and the rest of his pack, Daehyun having more than a couple words on why that would be the last thing they should be considering. However, it was Chanyeol's voice that had everyone else hold their own. 

"We do not know what would be in the best interest as of the present moment!" he barked, looking from his brother to his parents, to the Alphas and then to the Omegas and back again. "What I suggest is that we leave Baekhyun some time to fully understand the news that has been sent to him and then when the initial shock is over he can make a decision, we cannot think about making one now when his emotions are all over the place." 

"Baekhyun" the king called gently, instantly he was able to take the young boy's attention away from his youngest son's face. "What would you like to do my dear boy? You know that we will be there for you no matter what you decide." 

"I think I'll go home sir" Baekhyun hiccupped, looking over the long expanse of oak table filled with breakfast options and treats. "but I think I need to take some time first too, I want to understand the situation fully and then decide on my plan of action when I have a less mushed brain." 

"I understand completely Baekhyun." 

"Come Baekhyun, I'm escorting you to your room" Daehyun announced, flicking his wrist in the boy's direction. Baekhyun hated the way the words simply rolled off the eldest Prince's tongue, however he still stood at the order his lips pressed into a thin line as he looked to the other omega's for some sort of help.