Fire Hands

"Good morning everyone!" Baekhyun's father chirped entering the room with the largest smile on his face, the wolves dotted around the table noticed a letter held tightly in his hand but before anyone was able to comment on it Mr Byun already began speaking. "I recieved word from a trusted friend of mine back in the Light Pack territory and apparently everyone has already noticed my disappearance, the letters being sent to the pack house aren't arriving anymore and I believe that the pack will be fine under a different leadership." 

"I never expected a group of rebels to grow so large that it drove you away from your home Joonwoo-" The queen began but was unable to finish once Chanyeol's father cut in. 

"Haeun, darling that isn't the nicest sounding statement I've heard you say. Joonwoo is a respected member of our house now and I would be more than happy to have him back in the castle after a long time, I'm glad you accepted my son's invitation to the palace my dear friend." 

Baekhyun sent the king a shy smile, thanking him without words for offering a more heartwarming welcome to his father. "I'm glad you allowed it your majesties, I don't think I would have returned to the castle without him after becoming aware of what was happening." 

"That would have been a right shame Baekhyun," Queen Haeun stated, her lips pressing into a thin line as her gaze turned to Baekhyun rather than her husband. "I apologise for my early comment, I didn't mean any bite to my word you must understand that." 

"We understand" Joonwoo smiled, placing his hand over the Queen's. It was comforting and warm and made her offer him a broad smile of her own. "like Baekhyun, I am also very grateful that you allowed me to stay here for my saftey I promise you both that I won't be imposing-" 

"Well what happens when we finally discover our mates?" Daehyun wondered, glaring up at the adults from his position at the end of the table. He had claimed it for himself since only the highest prince would be able to sit directly across from the current king, the omega's rolled their eyes after hearing the statement while the Alpha's simply ignored him. "If Baekhyun isn't accepted as a potential mate to any of the Alpha wolves here wouldn't it be awkward if both he and his father continued to live here?" 

"Dude!" Kris hissed from his spot right next to the eldest prince, everyone else had already taken their seats that morning and sadly both Kris and Jongin were left sitting on the right and left of the prince- they wouldn't be arriving to breakfast late again. 

"Baekhyun's father is a friend of mine and even if Baekhyun was involved in the selection or not it doesn't matter, they would be allowed to stay in the castle with us just like any of the other Alpha's or omega's at this table would be if needed." The king explained with a dangerously low voice, his pheromones spreading out along the table effecting the omegas but not Baekhyun. 

"I've kept my mouth shut these past couple of months Daehyun but I swear you're making it harder for any of us to like you," Baekhyun admitted staring the prince in the eye from his place next to his father. "I apologise for my words your majesties." Baekhyun made sure to apologise to the king and queen who were surprised by his reaction. Everyone at the table was rendered speechless once their nose had smelt the King's pheromoes, apart from his sons Daehyun and Chanyeol and now Baekhyun, everyone seemed to take notice and were mesmerised by the action. 

"How dare you speak to me like that" Daehyun gasped, blinking repeatedly like he hadn't just heard Baekhyun speak to him using such a sarcastic tone. "I don't think my mate should speak to me like that!" 

"I'm not your mate!" Baekhyun snapped standing up from his seat and glaring down the table, ignoring his father's palm pressing into his back. The omega was suddenly overwhlemed with the scent of pheromones coming from Daehyun's direction but he forced himself to breath through it, he took deep breaths allowing the scent to fill his lungs before seeping back through his body and out again. It worked, his mind wasn't as clouded like before.