The Protectors

"So I found the book in the library quite easily, apparently it was in the Fiction department and even the librarian didn't know we had it but I was able to remember my mother reading me this book when I was younger." Chanyeol explained after tossing the door to Baekhyun's dormitory open, his eyes weren't looking up from the book which unfortunately caused him to stub his toe against the stool Luhan hadn't properly put back into place. 

"I'm confused by that by the way why is your name Park Chanyeol while your mother's name is Ms Lee?" Sehun wondered trailing after his hyung, ignoring him as he hopped around biting his lower in to prevent him from sprouting curses from tha pain in his toe. Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol took a seat on the stool that had caused him harm, the red covered book finding it's new home on the counter as the wolf inspected his foot while Sehun happily made himself at home by looking through the contents of their fridge. 

"His mother's maiden name is Lee you dipshit" Kris rolled his eyes, he closed the door behind him after the remaining boys had entered. They all looked exhausted and Baekhyun could understand why since it was well over their bedtime, many of the protectors often went to bed quite early since most of them still hadn't gotten used to the newly found pressure of protecting the school (although Baekhyun wasn't even sure if they could call themselves that any more since they were doing other stuff rather than boarder control). "therefore that means that it's his father who gave Chanyeol the Park name, I thought that was obvious?" 

"Clearly not to me!" Sehun hissed, sending his hyung a glare from his position in the fridge. "Hey Luhan what happened to that slice of meat I left in here yesterday?" 

"I ate it." Kyungsoo answered like it was the most obvious solution to the boy's confusion. His dry response had the wolves looking in his direction therefore noticing that the vampire Chanyeol couldn't stop thinking about was wide awake. Baekhyun shifted uncomfortably under the blanket, his cheeks flushed as he glanced in Chanyeol's direction the Alpha physically gulping at the sight of him blinking innocently up at him. 

As the conversation around them continued Chanyeol found himself standing from his seat and slowly making his way towards the couch where Baekhyun continued to lay, the vampire nervously fiddled with the loose threads of his blanket unable to hold eye contact with the boy he had willingly allowed into his intimate dreams. The vampire felt his skin prinkle when Chanyeol sat himself down next to him, the book from the library in his hands. 

"So you're dreams-" Chanyeol began but he wasn't able to continue since Baekhyun's nervously fiddled got out of hand, he quickly gripped Chanyeol's hand and started pushing the digits out of the way so he could stare down at the palm. It was larger than his own, the palm marks stretching out in all different directions Baekhyun only wished that he was able to read palms since Chanyeol's looked strangely interesting. 

"Do you think that you would be able to create fire here, you know outside our dreams?" Baekhyun wondered after some time, his brows creased as he focused on the Alpha's hands. Chanyeol watched him with a shy smile on his lips, he shifted closer until his chest was resting against the vampire's back Baekhyun instantly getting comfortable in his arms. "In a less terrifying setting that is." 

"I scared myself when I watched it happen" Chanyeol admitted his voice low as the two of them conversed quietly not wanting to intrupt the other conversations happening around them. "I didn't think I could get that angry, but I don't regret what happened even though it wasn't technically me- this is going to get so confusing to explain isn't it?" 

"Extremely" Baekhyun laughed, throwing his head back against the Alpha's shoulder. "I'm sure we'll figure out a way of how to explain things better, now since you've gotten the book why don't you read it so we can figure out what the hell was happening in my dream?"