Our Night

⚠️Sex scene (eventually) ⚠️

"The number of times I imagined this to happen are surely a lot more than you have," Baekhyun giggled, curling his fingers through his mate's hair as Chanyeol rested his head against the vampire's stomach. "are you willing to do this today?"

Chanyeol's head snapped upwards, his eyes wide. Baekhyun felt his cheeks burn as the intensity of Chanyeol's gaze finally took its toll, he looked elsewhere, embarrassed. He hummed when a warm palm pressed against his chin, coaxing him to turn his attention back on the man who he loves dearly. Chanyeol stared at him longingly with a small smile on his lips, while his eyes coursed throughout Baekhyun's face taking in every single detail.

A memory passed in Baekhyun's mind, a flash of a time when their life was good. A time where neither of them had to worry about the incoming dooms that plagued their world, a world in which they would return to very soon. For now they remained on another world, a dangerous and dark world that ceased to allow the couple to have even a moment of intimacy.

"Stop overthinking." Chanyeol demanded.

Baekhyun giggled as his boyfriend leant down and pressed butterfly kisses against the skin on his face, gentle, fluttering presses that had the vampire's heart skip a few beats. Chanyeol lingered against his lips, the heat radiating off of his body was driving Baekhyun feral, a hunger so great nothing could quench it now.

"No-one is going to stop us right now," Chanyeol whispered, bringing his lips down to his mate's neck. "you wanted us to have some alone time and I think that it's only fair that we fulfil that wish, while we still can."

"Just shut up," Baekhyun whimpered, curling his fingers around his mate's neck. Chanyeol allowed himself to be pulled down, his forehead gently resting against the smaller's forehead. "Shut up and kiss me."

The way their lips found one another had Baekhyun's heart pounding against his chest, desperate to break free of the cage that was his ribcage. Through the thin material of Chanyeol's shirt the Alpha was able to feel his own heart-beat race beneath the skin, an unstable rhythm that alone didn't have any special meaning. And yet with the beating of Baekhyun's to accompany it, the music that was created really rivaled the melodies the vampire heard in his music class.

Chanyeol gasped at the cold fingers that had slipped beneath his shirt, the cool temperature forcing the fire within him to freeze over. Baekhyun continued to trace out patterns against his skin, various circles and lines before they eventually formed into a sentence.

I love you.

The gesture might have been a loophole had they still been cursed, but now that they had dealt with that matter, it was a gesture filled with such adoration that it momentarily halted Chanyeol in all his actions. Baekhyun blinked up at his soulmate with a small but genuine smile on his lips, eventually his lips started to curl even higher, a smirk finally settling.

"Why are you so surprised?"

"You do know that the last time we said that to each other we died right?" Baekhyun nodded, a giggle slipping past his lips. "Yeah so excuse me if it's going to take a little while to get used to."

"You said the same thing to me!" Baekhyun hissed, slapping his hand against Chanyeol's shoulder.

The two collapsed against the pillows of Chanyeol's bed in a pile of giggles and chuckles directed towards the ceiling, when they managed to calm down they turned onto their sides offering each other a small smile. With a delicate hand Chanyeol traced the outline of Baekhyun's face, his thumb slipping against his bottom lip and pulling it down ever so slightly.