Reminiscing

WARNING: GET YOUR TISSUES I TRIED ANGST!! 😭😭🤧

Also you might want to reread chapter 'He's Park Chanyeol' before reading this! 

🥰

"I need to look at your bite mark..." Skylar whispered into his ear after some careful consideration of their surroundings. Baekhyun's back straightened at the words he had heard, his fingers gripping on his plastic plate in nervousness as he slowly dipped his head in confirmation. They both sent a glance around the room, happy to see that some of the teachers were distracting the younger years with puzzles on the board. The kids were having the time of their lives, unaware of what was happening outside. 

Skylar led the way out of the classroom and into the hallway, her lips pulled up in a shy smile when she eventually turned around to actually look Baekhyun in the eye. The vampire tried to replicate it but the pain in his neck had only been getting harsher as the minutes ticked into hours. They were standing by the window now, looking out into the battlefield.

Bodies were littered across the grass and shouts could still be heard in the distance, Baekhyun figured that those fighting to protect the school had managed to drive the enemy back to the forest. He just hoped that Chanyeol and the rest of his friends were okay, he wondered if Kihyun and his gang had joined them, but the lack of his presence in the hallway and other classrooms just proved his theory. Everyone they could gather had gone out to fight the enemy, now most likely being joined by the vampires as the sun had gone down. 

Luhan and Kyungsoo followed them out moments later, closing over the classroom just in case one the children happened to look out and see what was happening. Baekhyun offered them all an honest smile before tilting his head to the side, before pulling at the neckline of his shirt. The sight before the trio made their hearts stop and their jaws drop, Baekhyun knew that he wouldn't be able to see the mark without a mirror so he wordlessly took his phone out of his back pocket and opened up the camera. 

He never usually brings his phone anywhere, but he refused to go anywhere without it today knowing that if something happened to Chanyeol or members of the protection group he would have a way of receiving the information directly. But for the moment, this proved much more important. 

Baekhyun stared at the side of his neck in wonder, the bite mark having scared over thanks to his vampire healing ability. But what Baekhyun supposes had the rest of his friends so troubled was the prominent veins showing up from below his pale skin. They were thin but blackened in colour, spreading outwards from the two fang marks and travelling down his chest and upwards towards his head. 

"It's bad isn't it?" He whispered, not knowing what to expect from a wolf bite let alone Chanyeol's. Apparently those standing before him thought the same. 

"It does appear different from the one Jessica had on her neck." Kyungsoo explained, recalling the memory he had of the girl in the hallway when Baekhyun shut his humanity off. "Hers was spreading a lot faster than yours is, does that mean anything?" 

"Is he perhaps going to survive this bite?" Luhan asked, his voice brimming with hope. They all unintentionally turned to Skylar who seemed to hold so many secrets about Baekhyun's life within her head. For a moment the vampire could wish that he could read her mind, just to et a glimpse as to what was happening. 

"That won't be up to the bite alone," she exclaimed instead, leaving the three of them with more questions then answers. Baekhyun had to give it to her, she did a better job at fucking up his head than Chanyeol had. "but it shouldn't be too long now. They don't like waiting for you."