Part 1 - Episode 3

Kol turned to drape himself over the couch, looking as apathetic as he felt. He had been called here by Elijah for a 'family meeting'. Apparently, mother had some very important news. So Elijah needed to wake him up when he was peacefully sleeping, drag him down to deliver news which he probably already knows. Honestly! If Elijah had stayed in Kol's room for 3 more seconds he would have personally shoved a dagger in his chest.

"I would like for us to host a ball tomorrow evening." Esther announced, walking into the room. Rebekah immediately grinned, apparently pleased over Ester's most recent 'request'. Nik appeared happy, probably thinking of inviting that blonde. What was her name? Clara? Camille? Elijah seemed content with this decision, probably satisfied with the formal approach used and Finn seemed as boring as ever.

Kol sighed, Davina would have liked to come to this ball. Nevertheless, he would see her soon, after dealing with his darling mother. As everyone left the room, Kol quickly caught Finn's hand before he left and pushed him into the room.

"What do you want Kol?" Finn said, sneering.

"I know what you and mother are going to do" Kol stated quietly, seeing no point of beating around the bush, "The linking using the doppelgangers blood, then killing us all when you sacrifice yourself with the help of the Bennet line."

Finn immediately pushed him against the wall, hand wrapping around his throat.

"How do you know that?" He demanded.

"Just how I know that if you kill yourself, your pretty red-head friend would die with you" Kol shot back, twisting Finn's hand to switch positions with him, "What was her name? Sage?"

"What?" Finn let out, confused.

"Mother hates vampires. Why do you think that she would be fine with killing only us?" Kol questioned, letting his hand leave Finn's neck and stepped away from him, "We all have something called a sire line. Whenever we die, every vampire we have ever sired dies too."

"How do I know you are telling the truth?" Finn asked, conflicted.

"You don't. What do people in this century say? 'Trust your gut'? Do that" Kol replied, before turning to walk away.

"Wait!" Finn called after him, "How do you know this?"

"I know a lot of things which I shouldn't know, been through a lot of things which I shouldn't have." Kol replied, a certain sadness colouring his voice, before speeding away to his room.

"What happened here?" Rebekah asked, coming into the room.

"Nothing," Finn said, "Absolutely nothing."

Kol pushed his way through the double doors, clad in a tight-fitting suit. He sighed, moving towards the corner of the room, not wanting to mingle with the guests. Picking up a glass of champagne, he let his grief and longing for Davina finally settle in. She could be standing with him right now, dancing with him, drinking with him, laughing with him.

"She will be," He stated, trying to comfort himself.

"Who will be?" Finn asked, approaching him. Kol stiffened, reminding himself that this was not the Finn who had killed him. Who had tried to kill them all.

"No one," He said shortly, "What have you decided to do about Esther?"

"'Esther'? She is your mother" Finn pointed out, raising his eyebrow.

"A mother doesn't try to kill her children. She doesn't deserve the title 'mother'" Kol said, spitefully, "now what are you doing to do with Esther?"

"I am going to let Elijah, Rebekah and Klaus drink the champagne." Finn explained, "I doubt that they are going to let mother kill them."

"That might work, as long as Esther doesn't notice that we aren't linked" Kol mused.

"Yes" Finn agreed, "Now come, Elijah is calling us". Then, both Finn and Kol walked towards the top of their staircase and for once there was no enmity or animosity between them.

"Will you help me look for Sage?" Finn asked quietly, once they were on top of the staircase.

"No need," Kol replied, "She will come by herself, once she hears rumours of you being in town."

"All you have to do is stay alive," Kol said, who was not exactly joking. Finn turned to look at his brother curiously but refrained from asking him how he knows that, already knowing that he wouldn't receive an answer.

As Elijah greeted the guests and announced the dance, Kol walked towards an edge of the room. Last time, he had danced with a random woman who he had charmed to accompany him. This time, he can't bring himself to dance with anyone other than Davina. She was the one for him, and he can't replace her.

As Kol made his way towards the door a waiter gave him a glass of champagne. He locked eyes with Finn as he raised the glass. Together they nodded, then pretended to take a sip.

Taking the glass with him, he went to his room. Pouring the champagne in the sink, Kol threw the glass on the wall. Watching it shattered, he promised himself he will clean it tomorrow. Then, he laid down on his bed and close his eyes, mentally preparing himself for tomorrow. When Ester tries to kill them all.

"She would not succeed" Kol vowed, "I won't let her."