Part 5 - Episode 2

Kol walked into the living room, already knowing what Freya wanted to tell them. His sister had called his entire family to the living room which earned her a bunch of 1000-year-old cranky vampires. 

"So, what is this 'urgent matter' you needed to discuss?" Rebekah drawled, collapsing in front of Kol. Nik had seated himself next to her while Elijah and Finn decided to remain standing. 

"Dahlia, I needed to talk about Dahlia," Freya informed them gravely, meeting each of their eyes. 

"Who the bloody hell is Dahlia?" Rebekah asked, furrowing her brow. Nik and Elijah also seemed confused about the matter. Finn, however, had frozen in place, narrowing his eyes towards Freya. 

"Dahlia? Mother's sister?" He repeated curiously, questioning Freya. Freya looked at him, surprised that he knew who Dahlia was.

"Mother had told me stories about her as a warning." He explained, answering her unspoken question, "It was my job as the eldest to protect the family." Freya stiffened when Finn had mentioned him being the eldest. Finn had smiled sadly at her in understanding.

"What exactly happened between our mother and our, Aunt?" Elijah asked carefully, leaning in to face Freya.

"Our mother made a Rumpleskieln deal. Given that mother was infertile, Dahlia offered to give her children in exchange for her firstborn, and every firstborn from then onwards. I was taken, as her firstborn and Hope will be taken as yours." Freya warned them gravely, biting her lip in worry.

"I will not let her take my child." Klaus immediately erupted, glaring furiously at Freya. Kol sighed, resting his head in his arms, honestly does Klaus have to be so loud?

"Exactly, but we to find a way to kill her." Freya agreed, laying her on the table. Rebekah nodded fiercely, Klaus glared furiously at the table w.hile Elijah clenched his fists. Finn merely nodded while Sage quietly watched.

"So how did we kill our darling aunt?" Rebekah asked, steepling her fingers.

"There is a dagger, made from three materials." Kol informed quietly, "The soil of her homeland, the blood of her most loved person and the ashes of her oppressors."

His siblings seemed surprised as if wondering how he knew about this. Kol just shrugged, honestly, he doesn't know why he tries.

"So the soil from Norway, the blood of Freya and the ashes of a Viking." Elijah mused, looking inquisitively at Freya. Freya nodded, leaning back into the chair.

"No, not Freya" Kol denied, earning him a few confused glances, "Esther. Her most loved person is Esther.

"Why is it, Esther?" Rebekah asked curiously.

"Dahlia used to love Esther. They were sisters, after all. Then, when Esther had married Mikael, Dahlia had taken it as a betrayal of their sisterhood. Esther had rejected her pleas to stay with her and the rest is history." Kol recited, a sad glint shining through his eye.

"So what should we do first?" Finn asked determinately.

"We get the Viking ashes, but where the bloody hell would we find that?" Rebekah asked.

"I might have kept Mikael's ashes." Klaus piped up, almost sheepishly. Well, that comment earned him a few weird looks.

"What! I just needed to." Klaus defended, glaring at everyone.

"Well then, let's go make a magical, aunt-killing dagger."