Part 1 - Episode 4

"I trust you have a plan to deal with Mother?" Finn asked. Kol turned around to face his brother, unruffled. Finn was following Kol, who was walking towards the site where Esther had tried to kill them. They were both preparing themselves for what they are going to have to face. Finn, his own beloved mother and Kol, a woman who has tried to kill him over and over again. 

"Do you expect anything else?" Kol questioned, smirking. He knew Finn was very confused over how he knew about Sage and Esther and Kol did nothing to calm that confusion. Rather, he fueled it by acting more and more different and mysterious. That reminded him, he needed to contact Sage. 

Sage might come by herself but only after Finn died. Using the white oak stake. Dammit. He needs to burn that accused bridge and sign! No matter, he will do it after dealing with Esther. As for Sage, he should be in New Orleans by the time she arrives. Rather than waiting for her to come, he should call her now. Given that he is going to burn the white oak, she might not come and Kol can't take that risk. So he will call her early because he is nice. Also because it will put him in Finn's good books, but it is definitely because he is nice. It is not a bribe, not at all

"No, I did not" Finn responded in reply to his question, sighing, "Would you care to tell me?"

"Yes, I actually would," Kol told him, "I am going to turn Esther into a vampire." Finn turned to face him in surprise. Partly because he told Finn his plan, partly because of his plan.

"A vampire! Isn't killing her enough?" Finn asked, surprised. 

"Trust me, brother, even beyond the grave she can't be trusted" Kol warned. 

Suddenly, the men could hear a shout echoing from beyond them.

"Mother! How dare you!"

"Well," Kol said, "It seems like Nik has found out about mother".

"Yes," Finn mused, "It seems he has".

Immediately after that, both brothers speeded towards the sound. Arriving on top of the hill, they caught sight of their mother surrounded by a ring of fire, shaped like a pentagon. Esther was facing the rest of their family, sprouting about mistakes and purity. Although she seemed calm, Kol could tell that she was agitated. She must be worried about where Finn was. Poor Mother. Seeing them, Esther smiled. Must be happy to see her sacrificial lamb. Cute.

"Finn! Finally, you have come. I was worried that your siblings might have done something to you." Esther said, smiling at her oldest son. 

"My, my mother. You must think so dirty of us if you're accusing us of killing our own brother." Kol tsked, circling his mother. He watched as his mother looked at Finn as if waiting for him to join her by her side. Finn didn't. Rather, he watched impassively as Esther grew confused over why Finn wasn't next to her. 

"Finn?" She asked, "Come, my darling son. We must rid the world of these abominations." All Finn did was stare at her, stoic and unmoving. Elijah, Nik and Rebekah stared at all three of them, confused.

"What the bloody hell is going on!" Rebekah exclaimed, obviously irritated over being left out.

"I believe that Finn was supposed to be helping mother" Elijah answered slowly, trying to make sense of what is happened. 

"He turned traitor" Nik voiced, smirking, "What happened Finn? You finally understood what a liar our darling mother is?"

"Actually, I reminded Finn that Sage was alive," Kol returned, glaring at them, "Unlike the rest of you bastards."

"Sage?" Esther echoed, confused

"Sage? Oh right, that red-headed trollop," Rekekah scoffed, "Finn is still hung up on her?"

"Yes," Finn replied shortly, "I am."

Esther, starting to understand the gist of the situation, immediately began chanting. Kol picked up a nearby rock and threw it at her, momentarily breaking her concentration. 

"A rock?" Nik asked sceptically. 

"Well," Kol shot back, "It worked, didn't it?" 

Kol stood back and patiently waited for Esther's connection to the Bennet line break. Given that he did nothing to disrupt that part of the timeline, it has no reason to change. After that, Esther seemed to have gotten an idea because she started chanting again. Kol cursed, scanning his mind for anything which would be safe to tell and disrupt Esther's concentration when suddenly the fire around her broke. Kol sighed in relief. He didn't have to deploy the Freya and Dahlia card. 

"No! Sisters! Don't abandon me." Esther shouted pointlessly. Quickly, Kol pieced his wrist with his fangs. Then, he quickly speeded into the dying pentagram, shoving his bleeding wrist into his mother's mouth. 

"What-" Esther exclaimed, caught off guard. All of the siblings, except for Finn, stiffened. A moment after that a light dawned in Rebekah's eyes, as she understood what Kol was doing. She made the motion to speed towards him but Nik stopped her, guessing what Kol was doing too.

"Lovely last words these are, mother." Kol told his mother, practically spitting out the word 'mother', before quickly snapping her neck. Letting her lifeless body sag to the ground he turned to face his siblings. 

"Was this really necessary?" Elijah asked, a pained expression on his face. 

"Mother is a witch," Finn replied, finally understanding why Kol did that, "She stills hold power on the other side. This is a contingency plan."

"It was also fun" Kol smirked, his lips turning up in amusement. 

"So?" Rebekah asked, "Who will take mother?"

"Nik should," Kol said quietly, "She caused him the most pain." 

The family turned to look at Kol in surprise. Then, to his surprise, Rebekah nodded in agreement. Following that, Elijah agreed to that decision too and Finn grudgingly nodded. Nik silently took the body and while Kol could not get a good look at his face, he swore that there were tears welling up in his brother's eyes. 

His family turned to walk towards their house. Kol however had another destination to visit. A certain bridge and sign to waiting to be burned.