Part 5 - Episode 5

Kol quietly watched as Dahlia shot up, gasping for breath. Well, this certainly brought back memories. Freya seemed to be the most affected by her presence, stiffening in place.

"Freya?" Dahlia asked in confusion, waking up from her sleep. Her eyes were still bleary, disoriented as she scanned the room. Kol watched in amusement as her eyes landed on each of them. Understanding dawned in her eyes as she recognized them and slowly connected the dots.

"Freya!" She growled, eyes narrowing down at the nervous witch in front of her, "What do you think-"

"No!" Freya interrupted, standing straighter, "You took everything from me. My childhood, my love, my family. You used me for your own gain. I won't let you do that to another child."

"Freya-" Dahlia let out, as her nieces magic crept around her to bind her to the coffin.

"Fitting isn't it? You dying in the same place you made yourself immortal." Freya quietly commented, scanning her surroundings, "You know, I still remember. The ritual you did, when I was only five, right here. When you had destroyed my life, all for a ridiculous notion of power."

"One thing which you had never realized is that family is power." Freya mused bitterly, "That ritual had destroyed your only chance of having a family, and now you are reaping the consequences."

"They will never be your family" Dahlia spat, glaring at her furiously, "I was the one who took care of you. I helped you, I raised you."

"If that is your idea of raising someone, I am very glad you don't have a child." Kol declared, walking behind Freya and gripping her hand in a show of support. The rest of his siblings followed his example, coming to stand next to their sister.

"They are most definitely better than you." Freya returned fiercely, looking at her brothers and sister with a small smile. Rebekah returned the smile. 

"I believe now is the time to kill our lively aunt?" She observed, handing Freya the knife. Dahlia, upon seeing the knife, started to thrash in her coffin, trying to desperately break Freya's enchantments. She failed and lay helplessly as her worst fear came true. As Freya gripped the knife with shaking hands and in one determined strike, plunged it in Dahlia's heart. Rebekah walked towards her and gently pried the knife from her grip. 

"It's ironic. Dahlia dying by the hand of the person she used to achieve immortality." Kol mused to Elijah, nodding his head towards his dead aunt. His brother nodded in silent agreement, still looking blankly at the decaying Dahlia. 

"Is our family destined to always be, like this? Broken and fractured?" Elijah quietly asked him a while later, a tortured look on his face. 

"Oh Elijah," Kol sighed, wrapping his hand around his usually composed brothers hand, "Our family is not fractured. We merely produce a lot of bad apples." Elijah just nodded, disbelieving. 

"Besides, it's not as if you will let this family fall apart, no matter whatever Nik sprouts." Kol snorted, giving Elijah a lopsided grin. Elijah turned away from Kol then, right after his lips tugged up in slight amusement. 

"Sprouts?" Rebekah asked, slinging her hand around his shoulders. Kol just ducked his head under her arm and stuck out his tongue. Yes, very mature. 

"Well, as much as I would love to comment on this interesting interaction, we have a problem," Nik told him gravely, appearing in front of all of them. His phone was losing hanging in his hand. 

"What happened?" Kol asked, narrowing his eyes. The rest of his family came to stand behind him, giving their brother a curious look. 

"I just got a call from Marcel. The Trinity decided to take a vacation in New Orleans."