Part 1 - Episode 5

Kol turned to look at the innocent-looking bridge, twinkling in the moonlight. The cause of his death. How bloody perfect. He raised some oil cartons which he had gotten from some human at the gas station. By gotten, Kol meant that he compelled the human but let's pretend that he asked nicely. Spreading out the oil over the bridge, Kol retrieved a match from his pocket and lighting it, he threw it over the oil-covered bridge. 

The original watched as the source of his death went up in flames. Flickers of light danced over the bridge, illuminated by the shining moon. Remembering the sign, Kol was about to burn it when he froze, remembering what Finn had said. 

"Can I handle it?" Kol asked to the burning bridge, to the cool, calm wind, "To live a life without escape?". Feeling conflicted, Kol took out a knife and cut out a piece of the cursed wood. Then, he burned the rest. 

"Finally, it is done," He told the burned ashes of the former bridge and sign. Putting the piece of white oak safely away, he had started collecting the ashes of the wood when he suddenly heard a familiar 'woosh'. Turning around, he faced the red-haired vampire in front of him. 

"Sage," Kol greeted, "It's been a while". 

"You can blame your brother for that" Sage responded, smirking, "My, my, aren't you the pyromantic. What did the bridge do to you?".

"Now that is none of your business" Kol returned, narrowing his eyes dangerously.

"As for what is your business, I believe Finn is waiting for your amazing company." Kol mused mischievously, relaxing. 

"Finn?" Sage asked, perking up at the mention of him, "Where is he?"

"Right here" Finn responded as he walked into the clearing, turning to smile at her.

"How-" Sage spluttered, surprised. All Kol did was wave his phone in front of her before turning and speeding away, giving the two lovebirds their space. Sage was too occupied with finally meeting Finn again then to wonder when Kol informed Finn about her arrival. Similarly distracted about seeing his beloved again, Finn was in no state of mind to try to comprehend Kol's trickery. 

As for Kol, he headed back to his brother's home. With nothing left to do in this town, he had no reason to stay here. The only reason why hadn't moved to New Orleans straight away was because of his mother and the white oak. Now that he had dealt with both problems, there was nothing that was holding him here anymore. Speeding to his room, he quickly packed his few valuables. Given that he could compel anyone for money and food, he didn't need to pack a lot of things. 

Putting his things in a small bag, Kol swung it over his shoulder before walking towards the door. 

"Where the bloody hell are you going?" Rebekah asked sceptically, eyes sneaking over his bag swung over his shoulder, obviously packed with basic essentials. She had caught him right outside the large majestic door. It seems like Nik has a thing for large, majestic furniture. Why is he not surprised?

"Somewhere" Kol replied, shrugging before turning away her, about to leave. 

"You are leaving aren't you?" Rebekah accused, voice wavering slightly. Kol sighed, before turning to face her. 

"Unlike you, I am not scared of Nik," Kol told her gently, "I can't stay in this town any longer. It holds too many memories". Rebekah didn't bother asking what memories, knowing that Kol wouldn't tell her anything. Instead, she just nodded. Kol was about to leave when he turned around to face her. 

"I am not leaving forever you dear sister. That is the curse of our family isn't it? We are stuck with each other, always and forever". 

With those parting words, Kol left. He was finally going to New Orleans. He is going home, to Davina.