Chapter 17: Oh Lord

Angel POV
10/25/21
Midnight

I saw the door opened and reveal my Dad (Chris) and Ken boyfriend and baby daddy Justin. "What are you doing here?" I said standing up. "I came to check on her." Justin said walking up to Ken bedside. "Why check up on her when yo dumbass did it?" I said looking at him. I know what y'all think why would y'all let yo sister be in that predicament when you was in one yourself. When I left Chicago to my knowledge Justin was dead. I didn't know motherfuckas can come back from the grave but hey. "WHAT YOU DID THIS TO MY BABYGIRL." Chris said getting loud. "My son is sleep,please quiet down." I told him and pointed at Mon still sleep on the couch. "Mane I didn't do shit, miss me with the bullshit." Justin said sitting down. "Stop lying, that was how them niggas killed yo ass because you was beating on my sister now get out." I said and point at the door. He left after, I was happy, now it was me and Chris the only people awake. "How have you been." Chris asked me. "Better." I said keeping it short and simple. "Angel why are you acting like that." He said sitting by me. I looked at him like he had 3 damn heads.

"Acting like what?" I said. I don't have time for a damn therapy session. I just wanted Ken to wake up so she can come back home with me. "Angel, I'm sorry I left, I had to for you, Aaron and ya moms protection." He said. "Well that protection didn't work, my brother still died and my mom's was broken so you can take you and ya protection and shove it up yo- the door opened again and in ran Laylay. "Mommy." She said hugging me. "Hey princess." I sad kissing her cheek. No matter what I was going through my kids would always lighten up my day. I seen Dave and everybody else at the door way too. They all came in and sat on the other couch that was in the room. I hope Kenny wake up so she can see everybody and met Laylay. My hand was still in her's when I felt her squeeze it. I gasped.

"Qué pasó."Maria, Ken mom asked walking in with Ladybug and Ace.

Translation: what happened

"Ella apretó mi mano, trae al doctor por favor." I said as she sat ladybug and Ace on the couch next to Mon.

Translation: She squeezed my hand get the doctor please

Maria^^

I learned how to speak Spanish when me and Kenny hanged out. She came running back. "I don't understand what she's saying is everything okay." The doctor asked running in. "Yes, my sister squeezed my hand." I said looking at Ken. She nodded and checked her vital I guess. "She's should be waking up soon." The doctor said and then left.

"¿Qué dijo la tonta doctora?" Maria said making me and Chris laugh and left everyone else confused.

Translation: what did the dumbass doctor say?

"ella dijo que Ken debería despertarse pronto." I replied and she got happy.

Translation: She said that Ken should be waking up soon.

I got up and walked out the hospital room for some air. I'm happy Ken is improving, but I feel like I can't breathe. I get outside and felt relieved. I feel a presence behind and I already know who it was behind me. I turned around and hugged him, I felt so safe in his arms. "You not off the hook." I muffled in his arms. "I know and I didn't know you spoke Spanish." He replied. "I learned how when I used to hang out with Ken before I moved to Atlanta." I said looking up at him. We stayed that way until Nene came running out like a herd. She almost fell, I laughed a little when I seen her. "Girl if you don't stop running like that with my niece in your stomach." I said as she walked up to us. "I-I'm s-sorry but, but, give me one second." She said catching her breath, as me and Dave laughed. "Kenny is- I ran and got on the elevator. "Oh Lord please let her be okay." I said to myself as I got off the elevator. I opened her door and seen her sitting in the bed talking to Ladybug and Ace. I ran and damn near fell. I hugged her so tight I forgot she was hurt.