Chapter 31: Forever Family

April 13th, 20227:45 pmOn the way to Ms

April 13th, 2022
7:45 pm
On the way to Ms.Eve house, Chicago IL

We just left the park and now we are on our way back to Ms.Eve house. She texted me and said have her back before because she have to get ready for bed and school, well daycare, but I'll just ask her if A'Mani could just spend the night with us. I know she and the kids would love that.

(Y'all I don't know a lot about foster care, but my grandma was one, I'm just going based off what she used to do).

"Mommy you think she let Koala stay?" Laylay asked looking up from her iPad. She was the only one who didn't end up falling asleep coming back from the park. She's been calling her Koala since we got to the park, she said Ni was soft and sweet but a firecracker and wanted to give her a different nickname, because her and Mon got animal names.

"I don't know baby, you okay?" I asked looking back. "Yes ma'am, I okay." She said smiling. "Alright baby." I said and turned back around. I felt Dave burning a hole in my face so I looked at him. "What?" I said. "Would you have more kids after we get married?" He said. I looked at him shocked because he just said it out the blew.

"We getting married?" I asked. "how you know you can stand me for that long?" I said looking at him. "Shit I've known you what feels like forever, so I know I can now answer my question." He said looking at me then back at the road. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind having more kids, but I need a ring first." I said. "That's why I said after we get married Angel." He said putting an emphasize on after. Ouuuu I should prank him right and tell him I don't want his last name. Yeah imma do that, serious mode on. "I don't want your last name." I said looking out the window.

When I tell y'all he stopped the car so fast making me jerk. "Damn pops." Mon said waking up. I looked back at him. "Stop cussing before I damn pops yo ass." I said thinking where he got all that cussing from. "The fuck you mean you don't want my last name?" He said mugging me turning the car off. He literally stopped the car and park on the side of the road. "I said what I said." I said looking at him then back out the window. If looks could kill, I would be already dead.