Chapter 23: Reunited

April 6th 2022

April 6th 2022

I got my jaw popped back in place yesterday, from Terri. She told I needed to go home and rest so the swelling could go down. I didn't even get to see Mon and Laylay. I know what y'all thinking I could've drove after I left her house but, she made Zach and Zayne make sure I got home, and they didn't leave until I locked the door. Mani still here with me, I don't mind the company. I'm currently sitting on my bed with Mani watching TV. This morning we decided we was going to go see everybody at the family house. Don't nobody be at home since the boys bought the family house. My arm hurt more than ever now, it's still bruised and I fought that hoe Monica. "Mani you ready to go see everybody?" I asked looking at her. "Yeah kind of." She said looking back at me. "Babes it's gonna be okay, just tell Ken what going on." I told her. Mani and Ken been together since Mani was 18, when Mani first moved down here she told me Ken helped her, when someone was trying to rob her. "Angel what if he hates me, I don't want a DNA test, because if we get one Ken is going to look at my baby different." Mani said as tears slid down her face. "Mani I told you, if he doesn't want to be involved in poppy (I call the baby that, because that's the size of it right now) life, then you have people who will help you, you still have me, the girls, the boys, ya parents, ya grandma, I told you it's a village behind you." I said hugging her. "I know, thank you." She said hugging me back. "No need to thank me, let's get ready to go." I told her. "Okay." She said and got up.

" She said and got up