𝟬𝟰𝟲. the resurrection

ღ chapter forty six( the resurrection )

chapter forty six
( the resurrection )

SCREAMS PIERCED JULIET'S ears what seemed like only a moment after she closed her eyes. Tombstone. Cauldron. Burning, acrid smoke. Dark, cloaked figures. Jules snapped open her eyes only to see the still, rippling leaves on the hedges. The corners of her lips turned down into a frown, and she jolted forward, before her eyes snapped closed once again.

"Kill the Spare."

Whiter than a skull, with wide, livid scarleteyes and a nose that was flat as a snake's with slits for nostrils. Lord Voldemort.

"Crucio!"

She could feel the fire burning in her nerves, which was when her eyes snapped back open again, body writhing in her seat. "Jules!"

She stared at her mother once the pain subsided. Everyone in the stands near them was looking at the girl with a strange look in their eyes. "Your nose is bleeding," Cordelia said, handing her a handkerchief. Jules simply lifted her hand and maneuvered it to point her shaking finger towards the entrance of the maze.

"Harry," she mumbled at once. "Something's wrong. He's in danger."

She leapt out of her seat, ignoring her mother and friends calling out for her and made a mad dash down to the grass, not caring if blood was beginning to flow strongly from her nose. "Professor Dumbledore!" she called out, the man freezing and turning to see her with a curious look in his eyes. "You have to do something," she said, her voice shaking and quiet so that only he could hear. "Please! Harry's in danger. And Cedric. You have to get them out of the maze, you have to."

"There's a task in progress Miss Black," Professor Snape said, seemingly eavesdropping. "I'd suggest you get back to your seat."

"Let the girl explain, Severus," Dumbledore nodded. "Miss Black?" he prompted.

"I had something like a vision," she whispered, so Snape wouldn't hear. "And I saw Voldemort returning to his body. I felt the Cruciatus curse, which was when I was awakened."

A loud sound overcame the stadium all of a sudden, and Jules snapped her head backwards to see Harry stumbling out of the maze looking absolutely broken, holding the Triwizard Cup and Cedric, who was cold and pale. The blood drained instantly from Juliet's face. Cedric Diggory was dead.

Dumbledore and Jules took off running at once. Harry let go of the cup, but he clutched Cedric to him even more tightly. He raised his free hand and seized Dumbledore's wrist, Jules dropping to her knees besides him. Her eyes were swimming red now and her ears felt oddly wet. "Miss Black!" Professor McGonagall cried out, but Jules ignored her, only concerned for Harry at this point.