𝟬𝟬𝟮. the return to hogwarts

ღ chapter two( the return to hogwarts )

chapter two
( the return to hogwarts )

SOMETIMES, JULIET AWOKE on the wrong side of the bed, figuratively, not literally. September First of 1993 was a gloomy day, and she found herself in an extremely foul mood when she unraveled herself from the safety of her warm covers. Juno, her cat, was curled in her carrier across the room, and her mother was no where to be found.

She padded across the floor to stick her head out the door with bleary eyes, only for the door to open just as she leans on it, exhausted. "Someone is grumpy this morning," Cordelia mumbled, sweeping into the room to open the curtains, already dressed. She wasn't dressed in the green robes all hospital staff at St. Mungos wore like she usually did before work, instead wearing a white silk blouse and black trousers to blend in at King's Cross. "Get dressed, we leave in an hour," she added, lighting a cigarette and disappearing into the bathroom, leaving the smell lingering in the bedroom.

"Bit early, isn't it?" Juliet asked, before glancing at the clock that flashed nine. She groaned and dug trousers and a blue jumper out of her trunk, hurriedly tossing the clothes on. Staying up past midnight playing exploding snap had not been a good decision on her part, but she never made good decisions anyways. A Juliet Valentine trademark. She seemed to have gotten it from her mother, because who in the hell gave their daughter such a sappy, romantic name?

She was lacing her trainers when Cordelia walked out of the bathroom with blotchy cheeks and red eyes. She didn't say anything, instead embracing Juliet in a tight hug, and sniffling. "Mum, is something wrong?"

"Just scared, Jules," Cordelia whispered. "Now Molly doesn't want me to tell you or Harry but you're old enough to know, quite frankly. Sirius Black is after the two of you, and I'm not sure if Hogwarts will be safe. So promise me, no funny business, okay?"

Juliet shrugged. Granted, she had been attacked by winged keys while trying to get to the philosopher's stone her first year. Ron and Harry had nearly died in Slytherin's secret chamber last year; Juliet had been left behind with a petrified Hermione, in a flighty decision by the two boys. It wasn't exactly like Hogwarts was the safest, but it was safer than even the manor Juliet's father had built.

"I promise," Juliet mumbled. "Does Harry know?"

"Arthur told him," Cordelia replied, hugging Juliet even tighter. "Juliet Marlene Valentine, I love you to the moon and back," she added, pressing a kiss to Juliet's tousled curls. "Now go down and eat something, I'll finish with the rest of your things and meet you a little before ten."

Juliet ran downstairs to find Hermione and Ginny with Mrs. Weasley. "I was trying to use it on Arthur, but I ended up slipping the potion into the Head Boy's pumpkin juice on accident, poor thing was trying to come after me, who was a fifth year!" she heard Mrs. Weasley say as she slid in next to Hermione, who gave her a grin. She looked quite pretty this morning, cheeks flushed pink, tanned skin glowing.