𝟬𝟬𝟲. property of padfoot

ღ chapter six( property of padfoot  )

chapter six
( property of padfoot )

THERE WERE NO eyes kinder than the hazel of Professor Lupin's irises, and they immediately flicked towards her, concerned, as she finally raised her head from her hands, the memories of the Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson flashing in her mind. Her cheeks burned pink with embarrassment as she righted herself, sitting up and running a hand through her messy dark locks.

"Juliet, would you follow me to my office for a moment?" he asked, shooting a look at the four students gathered in the doorway. "You four, head to class."

The small room he called his office was a tiny thing, steps leading up to his quarters in one corner, and books stacked on the shelves and tables that filled the office. "Tea, Juliet?"

Juliet nodded. "Just sugar for me," she replied, her voice soft, as he directed the teapot to pour tea into two cups, the spoon lifting itself from the jar to drop a heaping teaspoon of sugar into the fragrant liquid.

Lupin looked up, startled. His goddaughter seemed to be more and more like her father as each day passed, already a spitting image of the man pre-Azkaban, when he had been a handsome young man, charming, and charismatic. The sharp, angular features, the shape of her eyes, and messy, yet effortlessly stunning dark hair, everything looked exactly like Sirius, besides her eyes. Juliet had Cordelia's seafoam eyes, green intertwined with blue, sad, and innocent. Lupin gave a small smile, handing her a porcelain cup. "You gave everyone quite the scare in there Miss Valentine."

"I didn't mean for that to happen, sir," she responded. "My mother is terribly afraid of Sirius Black, just seeing his picture sends her into a fit, I guess she has rubbed off on me."

Lupin sipped from his tea, his curiosity about his goddaughter growing. He stood up, rifling through the books stacked on his shelves, before he extracted a worn looking Astronomy book. "Professor Flitwick tells me that you have a talent for Astronomy, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. This belonged to a dear friend of mine, I'm sure he'd like a talented student like yourself to have it."

"Sir, who is Padfoot?" she asked, tracing a finger over the messy writing that covered the first page. It was a recurring name, that continuously popped up in notes written between that person, and someone named Moony.

His eyes twinkled mischievously. "Someone who knew your mother and I."

Juliet's eyes widened at the realization as to why Professor Lupin had looked so familiar to her. There were a couple of pictures of him in her home, usually with her mother, or in various groups of people that Juliet knew were members of the Order of the Phoenix. Her father was somewhere in the group, and Cordelia had erased pictures of just the two of them from the house, claiming that even looking at his face brought painful memories. "You were friends with my mum at Hogwarts?"