𝟬𝟬𝟭. the leaky cauldron

ღ chapter one( the leaky cauldron )

chapter one
( the leaky cauldron )

"PUT THAT AWAY," Cordelia scoffed, as her daughter attempted to light a cigarette with her wand. "Smoking kills."

"You smoke," Juliet shrugged, proceeding to light the cigarette and take a long drag. "You're being a hypocrite by telling me not to."

Cordelia glowered at her daughter for a moment, before her features softened. "Do we have everything you need? Just your books left, right?"

The dark haired girl nodded, tucking her wand back into her jeans. "Can we get get ice cream from Fortescue's?" she questioned, picking up a quick jog to catch up with her mother, who had a tendency to walk very fast.

"After Flourish and Botts," Cordelia replied, shooting a look at her teenage daughter who seemed to have turned her gaze elsewhere. "Go along," the mother nodded, after spotting the trio Juliet had laid her eyes on mere seconds earlier, a brunette, a redhead, and her godson chatting outside the ice cream parlor. "Go! I'll get your books, and I'll find Molly after."

Juliet nodded, stamping on her cigarette and making a mad dash across the alley, nearly knocking over a wizard who was the same height as the gangly thirteen year old. Ron seemed to have gotten a ton of freckles over the summer, and Harry looked as awkward and messy haired as usual. Hermione was tan, a blush spreading across her nose and cheeks that looked a bit like a sunburn. "Oi!" Jules called out, tackling Harry in a hug from behind. He yelped, before he smelled cigarettes, and turned around with a wrinkled nose.

"Have you started smoking Jules?" Harry sighed, smacking her shoulder.

"Why, want one?" she teased, slinging an arm over the shoulders of Ron and Harry, Hermione watching the exchange with a scowl. "Mum's been smoking a bit too much over the summer, ever since Black escaped. Snuck a few and she doesn't mind."

"It's bad for you," Hermione stated crossly, before exchanging an awkward hug with Jules that left both girls pulling away with pink cheeks. The Gryffindor girl's vanilla perfume seemed to smother jer a little, but she rather enjoyed the scent. "Have a good summer Jules?"

Jules shrugged. "Harry, did you really blow up your aunt? Mum heard about it, I expect she'll be telling you off about it," she giggled.

"I lost control!" Harry protested, Ron and Jules roaring with laughter. The dark haired girls stomach was beginning to hurt from laughter, and there were tears in her crinkled eyes.

Hermione looked serious. "It's not funny you two. Honestly, I'm amazed Harry wasn't expelled."

"So am I," Harry admitted. "Forget expelled, I thought I was going to be arrested." He looked at Ron. "Your dad doesn't know why Fudge let me off, does he?"