𝟬𝟭𝟳. bloom later

ღ chapter seventeen( the quidditch final )

chapter seventeen
( the quidditch final )

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I missed Cheering Charms! And I bet they come up in our exams; Professor Flitwick hinted they might!"

They'd found Hermione asleep in Gryffindor tower, strangely enough, which was when Jules had realized what had happened. Hermione was using a time turner to get to all of her classes, but Jules didn't say anything. Hermione was under enough stress as it was. 

Together they climbed the ladder into the dim, stifling tower room. Glowing on every little table was a crystal ball full of pearly white mist. Harry, Ron, Jules, and Hermione sat down together at the same rickety table. 

"I thought we weren't starting crystal balls until next term," Ron muttered, casting a wary eye around for Professor Trelawney, in case she was lurking nearby. 

"Don't complain, this means we've finished palmistry," Harry whispered. "I was getting sick of her flinching every time she looked at my hands." 

"Good day to you!"

The familiar, misty voice of Professor Trelawney as she made her usual dramatic entrance out of the shadows commanded the attention of the room out of amusement, rather than awe. Parvati and Lavender quivered with excitement, their faces lit by the milky glow of their crystal ball. 

"I have decided to introduce the crystal ball a little earlier than I had planned," Professor Trelawney sighed, sitting with her back to the fire and gazing around. "The fates have informed me that your examination in June will concern the Orb, and I am anxious to give you sufficient practice."

Hermione snorted. "Well, honestly... 'the fates have informed her'. Who sets the exam? She does! What an amazing prediction!" 

Harry, Jules, and Ron choked back laughs. It was hard to tell whether Professor Trelawney had heard them as her face was hidden in shadow. She continued, however, as though she had not. "Crystal gazing is a particularly refined art," she said dreamily. "I do not expect any of you to See when first you peer into the Orb's infinite depths. We shall start by practicing relaxing the conscious mind and external eyes-" 

Ron began to snicker uncontrollably and had to stuff his fist in his mouth to stifle the noise.

"So as to clear the Inner Eye and the superconscious. Perhaps, if we are lucky, some of you will see before the end of the class."